+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My previous relationships are haunting me

My previous relationships are haunting me

So um...recently I got in a relationship with a wonderful woman ( Yes I am bisexual...problem? ) but cannot relax into it.The 2 previous relationships still haunt me.I don't want to remember the stuff these both put me through but I don't want to ruin this relationship too.Today I hit the mirror with my palm while slipping in the bathroom and she bantaged it,picked me up and carried me to the bed.I am not used to this.I am afraid of what she is doing every tim she hugs me or kisses me because she is always gentle unlike my ex-s.We got in 2 fights because of my fear already.What do I do to stop fearing the love and care she gives me and respond to it as I should?

I always found that if you don't give you won't receive. Sometimes you have to take risks. This woman isn't the other people you were hurt by and everyone deserves a chance. The best thing you can do is be honest about how you feel and show her you want to change and to love her and that you would like her support.

Just have open communication about your past experiences and how they made you feel....I'm sure once she sees how emotionally vulnerable you are she will understand you need time to adjust, and learn to trust. This just something you both need to work through together.

Thank you .