+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some help with figuring out a girl

Need some help with figuring out a girl

I have know this girl for awhile on a name only basis. We work together. We recently got to knw each other while planning something for a department picnic. I have been looking for excuses to talk to her. We have a beautiful walking trail at my work. She walks at lunch and has invited me to go with her whenever i want. In the last week i have went with her a couple of times and we get along pretty good it is the most we have gotten to talk. She has a boyfriend though. However she never brings him up and if i do she gives me short answers and i feel she wants off the subject. I did hear from a mutual friend she was looking for a new man. Another person has mentioned this girl talking on the phone to her boyfriend and he said the way she talks he sounds like a big loser.

We went to a lunch with 9 people in attendence and we sat at opposite ends of the table. I overheard her complaining about him down at the other end. of the table. i have started helping her with figuring out all the stuff with going to school. since i just got my degree recently. i guess her boyfriend doesn't have a job even though he finished college with a full ride scholarship for football. Can somebody kind of explain this girl.

I can't really explain her (can't read minds... though according to what you said she does want out from her other relationship), but what I can say is that I think you should just stay in the game. Now it's up to her who she wants to choose. Go out on dates other than walking down the trail (maybe coffee, a meal, a movie, golf, bowling, whatever) and see how it goes. Don't rush things though, you'd scare her.

And if she doesn't want to talk about her boyfriend, DON'T! That's like a cardinal sin if you want to get with a girl. DO NOT talk about past (or in this case, CURRENT) relationships. It's pretty much right behind the rule stating not to kick her in the teeth while shouting profanities at her. It's THAT important.

Rod Steele