+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice.. from girls pref.

Need advice.. from girls pref.

I'm like new to this..

Situation .. um.. I've just met this girl 2months ago and since then we've been 'seeing' each other.. but she's with someone and I said we can't go on like this.. He treated her like shit and they've been going out for about 10 months now.. He's suddenly 'changed' in the two months this girl and I have been seeing each other since she's been distant with him.. She gives him another chance and wants to see if he does what he says.. So she kinda chooses him and I'm left here. She wants me around.. She says she's attached to me, she lost a part of me already and doesn't want to lose the friendship. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I can be around.. Confused and hurt.. I should've known.. She said all this stuff like she grew feelings for me.. I wasn't a backup or a comfort.. And right now I'm kind of distancing myself, trying not to 'care' and just avoid her..

Oh, I'm a girl btw.

Any advice?

Protect yourself from this emotionally irresponsible person. Stop seeing her at all, not even "as friends". She's totally messing you around.
    Spammer Spanker

She wants you at her convenience. In other words, if it doesn't work out with this guy. Even if it doesn't work, she'll still be hoping and wondering.

I would agree that she's jerking you around. She's been careless with your feelings and with his.

Thanks for all your replies..

I asked her if she's happy, she said yes i'm happy about his change.. but she doesn't know if she can say she's 'happy' cause that part of her mind wonders about me.

We haven't seen each other for 2-3 weeks since I had the chicken pox.. and we wonder if it would be different when we see each other again..

She ws one of the reasons why I broke up with my gf before our one year annie.. cause I couldn't hurt her anymore.

This girl says she's put everything and effort into the relationship with her bf and she's pretty serious about him but was gonna give up when she met me, until he changed and realised about her, she gives him another chance.

She says I made her 'hold back' and think twice about him.. and she says she's still not certain.. but she's made up her mind about 'finding out' about him.

I think I'm just gonna get over the feelings.. and just be there for her.

My bestfriend says to play hard to get, make her realise that she can't live without me.. but then again I'd still be the 'back up'..

Well yeah...

She made her choice: her ex.

Now do the right and hard to do thing: set her free.

Don't even stay friends. Clean cut.

It'll hurt like hell, but it'll heal faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They never broke up, in other words she had me and him in her life.. cheated on him, whatever..

Hard not to be friends, what am I to say.. We can't be friends anymore? I'm not gonna be around? ..

Quote Originally Posted by secr3t View Post
    They never broke up, in other words she had me and him in her life.. cheated on him, whatever..

Hard not to be friends, what am I to say.. We can't be friends anymore? I'm not gonna be around? ..
    If you can explain me (and while you're at it, the rest of the human race) how you can be just friends (and nothing more) with someone you have romantic and/or loving feelings for, you'll be the man.

Otherwise: what I said, set her free.

If she ever dumps her ex entirely and you are still available and interested in her (in case you haven't moved on by then), you may want to consider hooking up with her again. Till then, save yourself a lot of headaches, pain and misery, unless you enjoy emotional macho sadism.

Hope that makes more sense now.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 04-07-09 at 05:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guess you have a point.. but then i wouldn't know the answer. You see best friends fall for each other, but just ignore it cause they don't want to ruin that friendship..

Maybe it's just infatuation.. lol..

I guess I wanna hear more opinions .. but looks like everyone are on the same side at the moment.
    Last edited by secr3t; 04-07-09 at 05:34 PM.

BTW: you'll be the man was just a figure of speech...

Anyways, I believe (knowing the crowd here) that all answers pretty much will boil down to the same.

The rest is up to you.

Accept the advice, or don't and learn the hard way.

Whatever works for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, the figure of speech confused me for a second..

Yeah.. will do.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it..

Do you guys think its right.. to see someone while they're with someone? Or does it just seem like a fling .. kinda thing.
    Last edited by secr3t; 04-07-09 at 06:25 PM.