+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Got dumped for being to clingy and saying I love you to early

Got dumped for being to clingy and saying I love you to early

Saying I love you turned out bad
    Me and my 17 year old gf have been dating for one month. I told her I loved her yesterday. She responded with "I dont know what to think about that I have been thinking about us for a few days just give me another day to think about us." The past few days have been really fun with her though everything seemed normal. I did feel like something was off I just didn't say anything. I told her I'm not upset she doesn't love me but upset about her thinking the past few days before I even said I love you. I told her I respect her choice and she can think however long she wants too. Well to no surprise I get dumped for the clinginess she said and I'm pretty sure with saying I love you early even though she didn't directly say it. Also, she brought up how we jumped right in the relationship and didn't even hangout a lot before we got serious. Which is true I made that mistake and rushed it. But she admitted that before we got very sexual like blow jobs and all that stuff I wasn't clingy, which I agree. Later that night I saw her at coffee shop with some friends and she came over with them and sat down and talked for awhile just real casually and I just played it like nothing was wrong with me and everything was cool. She told me she is glad were friends. I'm trying to show her I can be not clingy like the person she knew at the beginning through a friendship. Help please? I really like this girl and think something is there.

If you really want to date her, tell her that you're not going to talk to her anymore unless you're dating. She'll either back off, or give it another chance.

You blew it my friend.....just be her friend and move on. Really.....when a girl sends you a message like this it's time to back off

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    If you really want to date her, tell her that you're not going to talk to her anymore unless you're dating. She'll either back off, or give it another chance.
    Thats rather passive aggressive and immature don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Thats rather passive aggressive and immature don't you think?
    I agree. She will likely see it for what it is, a way to manipulate her into dating him "or else".

OP, the best thing you can do is what you are doing (provided you've already told her that you would like to get back together): not being clingy at all. If she texts you, don't reply or reply like a day later, if you meet up with a group of friends ignore her (just say hi and bye) unless she comes to you, etc. *Not* in a passive aggressive way to try and get her to want you.