+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be supportive? I know he wouldnt...

Should I be supportive? I know he wouldnt...

My boyfriend of a year and a half just got kicked our of his house and he needs to get an apartment. He is leaving for the army in 6 months and makes about $2,000 a month and has been looking for apartments to move into with room mates because he doesnt think he will have enough money... All the ones he has looked at are between 300 and 500 a month, so obviously no big deal. A coworker (woman) told him that her boyfriend and her just kicked out their room mate and said he could stay there and pay 250 a month. We are only 19 years old and considering he is not okay with me going to other guys places to hang out let alone them even coming over to my apartment with my roomates when hes not there. When he told me he was thinking about it I told him I would be very uncomfortable with that. He got so mad he said **** you and hung up. Then he left me a voicemail saying if I was gonna be unsupportive like that then he could just forget me, that he didnt need me if I was gonna act like a "god damn baby." He said that he needs to do whatever he has to to make it on his own. All I did was voice my opinion and told him how I felt. He's the type of person that always needs me to respect his feelings and I just feel like he isnt respecting mine at all. Am I being ridiculous??

In a normal, healthy relationship you should be supportive of this, yes.

But you don't have a normal, healthy relationship. In fact, it seems you have an unfair, abusive relationship, so I'm not sure what advice to give besides "break up with him."