My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 3 years. He has always been 100% certain that we would marry after college (we both graduated college last month). He always made statements about our future as a couple... about dancing with me at our wedding, what kind of dogs we would get, how we would raise our kids, where we would live, if we would have a joint-checking account, etc.... He even gave me a diamond promise ring; he called me his "future wife."

Almost 2 weeks ago however, he told me he is freaking out about becoming an adult (working full time, moving away from home, etc) & wanted to take a "break" to reassess everything in his life-- including our future as a couple.

FYI: He says he is not seeing other girls-- if that were the case, I would be gone.

We are still on this "break" & he tells me that some days he is "full of certainty" about us (i.e: whether or not he sees us together in the future), but some days he is unsure. He also says he still loves me....

MY DILEMMA: I love this man more than I can describe in words, and I don't want to give up and walk away from the relationship, if there is a chance it will work out. BUT, he used to be 100% sure... now he's not. Quarter-life crisis or not, this is extremely concerning & painful.
Shouldn't I be with someone who is 150% sure of wanting to be with me? It's been almost 2 weeks... and on top of that, THREE YEARS... he should know by now, right?

I guess I'm asking... am I overreacting? Is it "normal" to have some doubts, even after three years together? Is it normal to be "sure" & then become unsure? Or is this my sign to run for the hills (i.e.: he is unsure after 3 years, then he will always be unsure)?

Please help- I'd appreciate it.