+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be jealous?

Should I be jealous?

I am 53 and my b/f is 66. We have been together for 13 years.
    Just recently in church a woman's husband passed away. She was devoted to him to the end. She is 61, blond, blue eyes, a very nice person.
    My b/f made a comment about whoever goes with her will be a lucky man. She speaks to everyone. She has spoken to my b/f and I many times. There seems to be a spark of some sought in her eyes when she speaks to my b/f. She has been widowed for a year now.
    Should I be worried that maybe my b/f finds her attractive? My b/f and I have never been unfaithful to each other. There were times when I broke up, that he hung in there and waited to work things out between us. He says his love for me is "unconditional". Am I thinking crazy at such a thought?

13 years and no marriage?

I was married for 14 years. My ex was having an affair. I have 2 grown children. I don't want to get married.

If you can't commit, you can't expect another to commit.

Past circumstances be damned.

You should have been proposed to at least 3-4 times in those years, or should have accepted.

New partner, new life. Take a chance and harden the fock up.

You are too old to be jealous.

It sounds like you think she's attractive, why shouldn't he? The question is, do you trust this man? It sounds to me like you're having doubts.

Do you think he's with you because you're who he wants to be with or because you're just the best of the options that have been available?

Has this guy ever cheated on anyone in the past? You have a history of being cheated on, so you have a high index of suspicion, but is it warranted?
    Spammer Spanker

Should I be jealous?

I always told my b/f from day one that I was not interested in getting married. He has asked me, kiddingly, to see my response.
    After we had been dating for about 3 months, my b/f, without me knowing, purchased an engagement ring. As the year passed, he realized I was serious about not getting married. He then told me he bought me an engagement ring. He gave it to me. Tho we are not getting married, the ring represents a commitment on both our parts.
    Also, I am not worried that my b/f will cheat if we were married. I have been on my own for 16 years, and raising my children. I just like my space. I am solely responsible for myself. We live in separate homes, seeing each other on weekends.

Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too, yl50. You've limited your commitment to him. That could be a problem if he really wants to be married.
    Spammer Spanker