+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How often does your boyfriend call you (if you don't see him on a day to day basis)?

How often does your boyfriend call you (if you don't see him on a day to day basis)?

Hey everyone!
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and we usually spend every day together except for the summer when we live an hour away from each other and work in our home towns. This summer he has only been calling me once a day before he goes to bed. We usually have an hour long conversation about our day but I wish I could talk to him more throughout the day (maybe I'm just used to spending a lot of time with him during the year). I try contacting him during the day through texts but he's always busy at work, and when he comes home, I'm sure he's tied up with ESPN or watching tv, or video games. He never usually responds to my texts during the day unless it's about something important. On the other hand, my best friend and her boyfriend constantly call each other throughout the day. So I was just wondering how often everyone else kept in contact with their boyfriend/girlfriend? Do you think I'm asking too much to have him call me more than once in a day?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After two years, you want him to communicate more than once a day when you are living long distance?

Yes, I think you are expecting too much.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My girlfriend and I talk to each other every day. We usually just text each other during the day or call if we need to talk about something, but other than that we always talk at night before bed.

Wow, he doesn't text you that often!

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and we talk to each other once every night for one to two hours when we're not together. Some days if one of us is busy, we won't talk.

Strawberry86, I think it's too much to expect him to talk more than once per day. I used to think the same way because I saw my girl friends talk to their boyfriends all day and I was kind of jealous. After a while, though, I realized that it doesn't matter what other couples do, as long as you are content with your own relationship. You don't need to talk to your boyfriend as much as your friends talk to theirs. It's better to find what suits you and your boyfriend, rather than what suits other couples.

I appreciate daily phone calls but do not expect it. Surprising, he calls everyday but we do not talk for long and he is extremely busy.