+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had all that I can stand

I've had all that I can stand

This female friend of mine is debating weahter to stay in a marriage thats going nowhere. Its a mentally abusive relationship. They got in a big fight and he promised he will not act that way again. He has even suggested that he needs to seek help. 2 weeks past and the same ol shit happens all over again. She has stated to me that she has pretty much made up her mind. She believe in her heart he will never change. All of this happened yesturday. Now today after all of that she is unsure. I was like WFT are u crazy or something. What the hell are u sure about. He's an ass and u need to move on no matter if it hurts.

I was sadden by the fact she even wanted to give her marriage more consideration. Telling me she wants to try and work things out to some degree. I told her i dont ever want to talk about this again. Because i have offered much advice on the situation. Each time this happens she runs to me saying her husband is an ass. i'm debating rather to remain friends with a woman like that. I cant help those who cant help themselves. And feeling sorry for her does not help at all. I just want to end our friendship and go about my bizness. Never wanting to speak to her again. Am I wrong for ending the friendship?

Yes, you are wrong for ending the "friendship". does your friend have kids?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you find that she is generally draining more energy from you than she is replenishing, I don't think there is anything wrong with moving on. Friendships should be mutually beneficial to the spirit.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    If you find that she is generally draining more energy from you than she is replenishing, I don't think there is anything wrong with moving on. Friendships should be mutually beneficial to the spirit.
    Some friend you'd be shh!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's true - I don't seem to befriend people who are disproportionately needy. I am a b*tch.

:-(

Then again, my friends are fun to be with and would never put up with an abusive man. Water seeks its own level.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I am a b*tch.
    shh! wasn't; she was perfect...

Yes; you're wrong for leaving a friend. It's one thing to request she no longer uses you in this regard; it's another to walk away. Leaving a marriage isn't easy.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

She has a 2 year old son. That's being thrown in the middle of this. Nothing in life is really easy. But making excuses about the situation tells me she is only lying to herself. If she wants to travel this road of false pretense and reality she can travel it alone. The really sad point is her other friends have stop taking to het for the same reason

Wow; she has a lot of shitty friends. I feel sorry for her.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Wow; she has a lot of shitty friends. I feel sorry for her.

She does not have friends for a reason. They have told her over and over again to leave her husband. She has left her husband before and went to stay with a friend to only end up going back. How can u be friends with someone that totally ignore the advise you give. This has gone on for years and i refuse to take part in this any longer. If she has not figured it out by now. She never will

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bullsh*t. You guys are too nice. Girls like this will suck the life out of you. Luvaboy - if you want to remain friends with her, I suggest you spellout explicitly that you are not interested in hearing her whine endlessly about her husband when ultimately she chooses to put up with him, but that if she ever decides to take control of her life, you will be supportive.

My guess is that she will find another "friend" who will put up with the drama, though.

Your an ass; plain and simple. Same goes for you; why come here and ask opinions if you're not going to listen?

From experience: until she's ready to leave the marriage, there's no way to make her. When she finally is ready, she's probably going to freak out. She is really going to need you then, so don't bail out on her now- it sounds like she's close.

One reason for her to be waffling about leaving is that she will then have to consign her little boy to the care of this mean guy half of the time. It's really hard to get full custody- you basically have to prove the guy is dangerous. She's between a rock and a hard place. Cut her some slack.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS[B
    ]Your an ass; plain and simple[/B]. Same goes for you; why come here and ask opinions if you're not going to listen?
    Was this meant for me?

Geesh, girls are so petty; gigabitch sounds like the only sensible girl here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast