+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Someone Much Older

Dating Someone Much Older

Hello everyone... this is my first post. Any advise you might have, is much appreciated. I'm a bit confused, and absolutely anything would help.

I am an office manager in a smaller branch of a larger company. The UPS guy usually has 1 delivery a day, and if not he comes to check for the pickup. Well this gentlemen is twice my age (I know... red flag right there). I'm just an overall friendly person - what's the point of being miserable... you affect everyone around you. I have always made conversation with him when he's come in and I've had to sign for things. He would joke with me and whatnot, so I'd joke back. Eventually, he started kinda flirting with me, and then eventually he asked me out on a date.

He was very thoughtful and respectful on our date. I had a good time. He has a wonderful sense of humor, and I've had some of the most intelligent conversation with him. I've also come to find out that we do have many things in common as well.

He is also very open with how he is feelings, which I really like. He started out by telling me that he tried to ignore his gut instinct to get to know me better, because of my age. And he said he eventually gave in, and even more now that he's hung out with me several times over the last few weeks, he doesn't feel like there's such a large age gap in between us because he doesn't feel I act like I'm 24.

When he first asked me out I rejected (even though I was attracted to him) because I was afraid maybe he was having a midlife crisis and wanted to be his young mistress... but I don't feel as if it's that way at all.

Now he has had a fair share of lifes experiences - he was married before, and has 2 kids. His youngest passed away overseas in the war against Iraq (god rest his soul). The son that passed away would be my age...

I don't really feel the age difference between us when we're together. He surely isn't a loaded bachlor either... he's just your average working man - and I don't care about money either, so long as the bills are paid at the end of the month.

Point of the thread... Friday we were together for lunch during my lunch break, and he said he feels like he's starting to fall in love with me. Oddly, I feel the same way.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a relationship with someone this much older than you... or known of someone who has. How did it work out? Thoughts? Thanks.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have. I will send you a PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think age is any reason to discount him. Everything sounds good. Does it feel good?

I do... I've been in an incredible mood lately. I find myself looking forward to the next time I get to talk to him, or see him.

I figure someone will bring up the stages we are both in in our lives... I haven't gone to college (well started, but only for a semester). I've since worked my butt off, and actually have had some lucky breaks, and am further in my career than I probably should be (I guess hard work DOES pay off... lol), so it's not like I'm going to school or anything like that. I do the 9-5 thing. And I'm in Key West FL now... been here almost a year, relocated from PA - so I don't have the urge to travel around the states and move somewhere else (and he was born & raised here, and doesn't want to move sooo).

This far I'm very happy. It's a little weird when I think he's the same age as my dad, but like I said, when we're together, I don't really notice the age gap.

Thanks everyone

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did you get my PMs?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah PA!

Sorry I have nothing to contribute other than a w00t w00t for a former Pennsylvania resident.