+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Holiday relationships(women read)

Holiday relationships(women read)

Last year I dated a girl during the holidays. Now, my older sister found out about me going out because I hardly ever go out, it's usually flings and what not. But she found out and told me to be carefull because she was young and she knew what kind of girl she would be. So happens my sis told me that by the end of december, she felt that the girl I was dating would find a way to break up. So....I whaited and what happend??? The girl I was seing broke up with me.
    Now I have a question for the laddies. Do you guys enjoy being around a guy during the holidays? Is this the time when magical things should happen with all the X-mas spirit and gifts. Just curious.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

not necessarily. if we want to be with you, we want to be with you whenever. that's me anyway, i'm just trying to represent. but if we want to break up with you, we might wait until the holidays are over. we wouldn't want to dump you on your birthday or christmas or new years, you know?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

For me the holidays are special, yes everyday is special, but it gives me time to reflect on whats really important. For the last 5 years I have been alone. It didnt bother me I was happy with my life. This year, I have a special wish for Santa and it is spending time with the person I truly adore.

Everyone is different, but I bet most women would say spending the holidays with a siginificant other is special. Theres just something in the air and it's nice, it's comfort is what is, yea comfort and peace. Its not about the gifts for me. I would rather spend the quality time with my siginficant other. I dont need gifts for him to show me how much he cares. Just being with me is way more than I could ever ask for. Just him wrapped.

I dont get the whole breaking up with someone around the holidays. Thats just sad.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I have a question that is sorta related. If you were with your gf/bf for 6 years, and you had a trip to Vegas scheduled in a month or so, and you started having feelings for someone else. Would you wait till AFTER the trip to break up? or would you do it before the trip.

My ex gf of 6 years said she wanted "time apart" about a month before our trip to Vegas (which we had scheduled for almost a year). but she insisted that she wanted me to still go with her. unfortunately i found out that during the month before, after we were broken up, she hooked up with another dude. yet i still went onthe trip. now THAT was awkward. no matter how hard i tried, i couldnt be romantic and try to re-kindle our love knowing that my gf of 6 years hooked up with someone else in a matter of weeks. it was over before i even had a chance...
    Here I stand
    Head bowed for thee
    My empty heart begs you
    Leave me be

First to Nice Lover Boy: sure being with a guy around the holidays is nice, but not essential. It doesn't make me sad if I don't have one, it's just a plus. BUT I would never hurt anyone like that around the holidays, that's just plain mean! That's something you don't just find out around Chirstmas, or right after it's probably planned. And that is horrible, I feel for you there and hope you never have to experience something like that again. But as for meI love spending time around the holidays with all the people I care deeply about....whether it be family, friends, or a boyfriend. The holiday's are supposed to be a special, happy time with the people you TRULY love.

Second to RogerPodacter: if I knew things were ending, I probably wouldn't have gone on that trip. BUT if both of you split the costs then maybe...but I can't say for sure....AND it shouldn't have been up to you, or felt that way, to rekindle your love...when she's the one that was hooking up with other poeple. As my signature says...'Never regret anything from yout past, everything happens for a reasaon.' I truly belive that quote, and if nothing but memories that you'll always treasure (yes both good and bad, happy and sad) came out of that trip, at least that's something! Something no one can take away from you, and something no matter how happy or sad, in years to come you'll look back on and smile that you have those memories to treasure!
    Never regret something from your past, everything happens for a reason.

Hum...yes, I knew that most of the responses that I was looking had to do with spending the holidays with "someone" special. This is typical because if I should of known that "pretty women" would hate to be alone during the holidays, I would of dumped her before I wasted my entire check on buying gifts for her and taking her out to expensive restaurants.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

The holidays is awosme time to spend with your someone special. Its kinda chilly out and you can decorate christmas trees together and eat lots of great food together with family and friends and do lots of cuddling and on new years you can share that new years kiss.....

but if you dont have someone special thats great too...you have family and friends and puppies and stuff and who knows who you will meet on new years eve.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.