+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm I being a baby

I'm I being a baby

friends forgot my birthday for the 2nd year in a row, I always remember their birthday and plan something nice/ or get them something.

I known them for almost 6 six years. When I first moved to town i met a good female name Jane who has become my best friend, later i met Jane husband bob and most of their family and friends. I was blessed, I met new people in a new town, we were close. Things seem to change, 2 years ago when my roomate started to hang around and then start dating Jane little sister and they all started to hang out.

My roomate, Jane, and her little sister all work at the same job. Now it feels like i'm the new friend and sometimes when we all hangout they, forget that i knew them first. It seems that my roomate is trying to his best to make it seem like he knew them first and I met them through him.

What hurts the most is that a new friend on my job, remembered my birthday and took me out, she took me out and said; maybe they only hang around me now because they feel obligated. I didn't want to believe it, but the more I hang around them, the more it feels like it.

She told me, to move on and start my own family again, but when I think about it, she has a point. Its the 2nd year in a row they forgot my birthday and they seem to forget that I known them first and even act like I'm new. When i remind them I knew them longer, they go "Oh yeah..we forgot"

I'm I overreacting or have a point.
    Last edited by Jason86; 22-09-09 at 09:21 AM.