+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't want to screw this up

I don't want to screw this up

I went out on a date with a girl from my high school. Things were going perfect we went to my buddies house to grab something of mine and say hi, then we went glassing for deer with binoculars, things were going so good she wanted to hangout even more so we went and seen a two hour long movie and it was awful, we talked about it after we left then we went to taco bell where she didn't order anything, I took her home and walked her to the door I hugged her we talked for a second then I hugged her again, kissed her on the cheek then on the lips (I was nervous) I lefft then texted her 30 minutes later telling her how I had a good time and would like to do it again. She was being insecure so I said I'd be frank and told her I liked her and everything just went down hill. I asked if the feeling was mutual and said maybe. I told her she could spare my feelings and just tell me. She said she wanted to go on another date to make sure. I wasn't asking her to go steady or anything why did she back pedal so hard? I've been on PLENTY of dates I don't understand where I went wrong?

Can't seem needy or clingy... can't put too much faith in something like that, quiet confidence is better than insecurity, especially at the beginning of the relationship.

Dial it back a little... start over a bit. Next time you talk to her... ask her out, stay cool and confident, be yourself, and when the time comes... let things happen organically and not forced by trying to get an answer on whether or not she likes you..... if she's going to continue dating you, then she likes you......

her retort from when I said I liked her seemed out of character it just shocked me. I thought saying I like you was just trivial
    Last edited by bigchaw; 02-09-13 at 02:03 PM.

Don't be too blunt about it.. some things just are better not said. If you're kissing her and she's responding well to it.. let that be enough for one evening. Don't put all your cards on the table after the first date.. or the first few dates....

Its great to like her... but let your actions and her actions speak for you right now. In some cases, putting your feelings on the line is a good thing.... this is not one of those times.

any advice on the kiss? It was a good kiss but what would you think about it

How did she react to the kiss? how long was it.... did she kiss you back? was it just a single kiss? was she surprised about it?

She wasn't surprised, it was short, she kissed back, I kissed her on the cheek first though

Im not seeing any back peddling here - I think she's just thrown you for a loop because she's not falling into your arms. It's all going fine - you just have to court her.

Ad be thankful that she's sensible enough to not be pledging any feelings after just one date. It's far too early
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Calm down dang. Admitting all your feelings and forcing her to say if she likes u or not after the first date, is too much! That's something u talk about IN PERSON not in a stupid text message. Now she sees u as desperate and aggressive. Treat her calm and like a lady on the next few dates and see how it goes. Don't demand to know her feelings right away next time