+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did she play a joke on me ?

Did she play a joke on me ?

ok. so. I been talking to this girl for quite some time online. She lives a few cities over from me, prolly a 45 minute drive away. We never met, and we never had a phone conversation. And we have already had lots of problems with communication. We would be chatting and then all of a sudden she would go offline and I wouldnt talk to her for a week. This has happened I believe 3 times. 4 if you count last night... But anyways, when i do see her I pretend like nothing happened and neither does she. She remembers who I am and she sounds very anxious to meet me, and I am very anxious too. I have tried twice before last night to get her number, the first time she said was too soon, and the second time she ended up getting cut off or something.

Anyways - I let it go and I forgot about her. And after two weeks on not talking to her I saw her come online last night and just started talking to her. I was pretty depressed during that time. And she knew it. It was weird. So we ended up talking for prolly 2 hours on yahoo. I said something about how I hate being alone. and then she replied "your not alone, you have me here to talk to." and I said "you know what I mean. Its great to have someone to talk to, but I just wish I had a g/f" When I said that I was not even thinking about hooking up with her anymore, I was just expressing my feelings. Then she replied "Well, we should get together and see how things go."

I ****ing froze up and didnt know what to say. I was not expecting this. I didn't know what to do. I was totally caught off guard for the first time in a very long time.

I dont really remember what I said or anything I was kinda too nervous to think really. Well, to cut a long story short, she ended up giving me her cell number and then she set up a date to meet somewhere on Saturday. But she never said where. We were getting to that when she asked me when I was going to bed. I replied "soon, how about I call you so we can talk a bit more while I lay down ?" She said "That would be great!" So I picked up my phone and called her. It rang two times and then she went offline and two rings later the voicemail picked up. It was a guy's voice.

I totally freaked out and was pissed off. I felt like I was being toyed with. some sick twisted mind game. So I called the number again double checking to make sure I dialed exactly what she told me. Same thing. Guy on voicemail.

So I just slammed the phone down and went to bed pissed off.

Did she accedentally give me the wrong number ? Did she play a little game on me ? Was the number she gave me some other guy's that she likes and just wanted to see us 'fight' over her ? WTF ? I dont even know what the hell is going on anymore with this one.

What should I do ? Should I try to call her again after work ? Should I wait until I see her online again ? Should I ignore her and pretend she never existed ? Is this all one big misunderstanding that I am not catching ?

Please someone tell me wtf is going on !

Maybe it's a brother? A gay roommate? Dad?

I think that the worst thing that you can do here is assume.

I guess those are possibilities... but it sounds like she's just messing with your head, and I would forget about her...
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphi
    Maybe it's a brother? A gay roommate? Dad?

I think that the worst thing that you can do here is assume.
    I dont want to assume anything but its hard not to when she said the number was her own personal cell phone, and then a guy is on the voicemail... Its not making any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmingNreverie
    I guess those are possibilities... but it sounds like she's just messing with your head, and I would forget about her...
    I dont know if this would be the best thing tho. I really dont want to assume something and then just cut her off, and then find out later (or never find out) that I was wrong...

idk. anymore. i guess i will just go with the flow of things. if its a game i will play right into it and not let it get to me. if its not, then i might end up getting a date. either way i guess i just need to calm down and relax. Its not that big of a deal as I am making it out to be, right ?

Doh! I guess I missed the part about that being her cell number. But my female cousin did tape the recording on my voicemail...

hmm It seems to me some weirdo is playing games with you

i don't know but are you shure it's even a girl ?? and not some guy fooling with you ..

Quote Originally Posted by H4D3S
    hmm It seems to me some weirdo is playing games with you

i don't know but are you shure it's even a girl ?? and not some guy fooling with you ..
    You know I never even thought about that. Now I am furious. If that is what happened and I find this guy I will rip his ****ing head off !

stop trippen! my voicemail has a girls voice on it. i asked one of my girl friends to record my away message cuz it was funny. don't get all poosay on us now. you're playing this game all wrong. of course you just leave a message if you want to but like you said, it might be just a trick. why not act like you're not interested? you didn't even meet her yet and you want to fall asleep on the phone with her/him? does the other person even know you're a guy or vice versa? sometimes homosexuals go online too. it's a mean mean world, just shake it off. develop a black heart so you can weed out the useless people.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

well - she gave me the wrong number - its official - i called it again and some older lady picked up the phone. Turns out there was no Sarah at that location - and it wasnt even a cell phone. And it wasnt even in the same damn city she told me she was in.

**** it.

Tell her straight "Show some respect and don't play around"

well we had another discussion last night and she has been caught red handed !

Ok here's the scoop - I pretended like I never called and we got to talking about pictures - I showed her a bunch of my pics of my kids. She thought was adorable. anyways, i asked her to send me a newer pic of her. she hesitated for a bit then said she had to go get some water. after about 15 minutes she comes back and says she has a picture and sends it to me.

Well, during the send I sniifed out her IP (during a file send it is a direct connect from machine to machine and doesnt go thru the yahoo servers so i was able to view her machine when it connected to mine for the file send) and then I turned around and traced the IP.

Yeah guess what. She's not in Sugarland. She's in ****ing Channelview... That on the other side of ****ing houston. If anyone knows how big houston is then think of her telling me she's on the southwest side and then i end up tracing her on the north east side. Thats about a 30-40 mile difference.

Yeah, so I started to play the game right back at her. She ended up admitting she was a guy and everything, then she went offline. Then she came back online not even 5 minutes later and pretended like nothing happened.

I laughed my ass off and blocked her/him.

Some people are right pricks

yeah it's stupid to do something like that but online you are never shure ..

Yeah - Its prett damn funny - tonight I am going to try to find all the logs I can from her/him and I will post all the stuff (except for some juicy parts that I wish was never said) for you to see. Its kinda hilarious tho that I could fall for the game for so long and not catch on. geesus - over a month talking to him/her and i just barely got suspicious 2 days ago. I feel so stupid. lol

you're kinda creepy if you're sniffing out someone's IP. you should have stopped at getting to know her/him. it's the internet. don't let anyone in your life until you get off the internet. glad you found the truth tho. keep on keepin' on.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast