+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: romantic ideas?

romantic ideas?

me and my gf are going on a cruise in a few months and i want it to be special! she likes it when i show her how much i love her but i have no ideas for what i can do. do any of you ladies have any ideas for me?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Isn't the fact you're taking her on a cruise at all, enough?

Jeez dude, don't overdo it.

naa its not enough, she has already done this cruise but she is going again for me and the funny thing is she wouldnt let me pay for her so i want to do something =)

I think its totally going to be romantic. How old are you guys? How long have you dated.

i think it will be too, but i want her to feel extra special. i am 21 and she is 18 and we have been dating since december

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bpeetz View Post
    i think it will be too, but i want her to feel extra special. i am 21 and she is 18 and we have been dating since december
    **** dude, you're spoilin' the hell out of her.

I'm guessin' you're both pretty good in the wallet?

'Cause a special trip for me and my girlfriend is me takin' a plane ticket to stay with her for a few days.

ah, he obviously enjoys spoiling her. go for it!

oh, oh! Do the titanic thing! And don't stop and laugh in the middle of it, either, and don't be dissuaded if you can't actually get to the tip of the cruise liner. Any railing will do.
    ok, maybe that's not her thing...
    damnit, what would I want if I was going on a cruise..? hm. I suppose just the surroundings in themselves would create many romantic situations.

hmm... I seem to be all out of ideas. I mean, I know there's stuff like bringing a bunch of rose pedals.. or.. does the cruiser have sockets? you could bring some nice sexy lighting for your room that isn't as bright as the built in lights might be. But for something truly romantic it's gonna have to be truly customised to her. I find writing stuff is *always* good. Even just stuff like writing "good morning, my love" on a post-it in the bathroom mirror for her if she gets up before you is really sweet. I once wrote my bf a simple note saying that I had to go somewhere and would be back later, and he kept it
    In general being considerate, like insisting upon opening doors for her, or, if possible, arranging breakfast in bed, etc. ^.^
    Last edited by Tiay; 05-04-07 at 03:17 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think cruises are more about the excursions than the time on board. Look for a good excursion or two...

BTW - if my boyfriend tried the Titanic bit on me, I would push him overboard.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, the Titanic thing is really cheesy.

i do like to spoil her, and she doesnt complain
    i like the lighting idea along with the notes! thanks for that. but for the excursions... i tried to pre plan that and she told me after i had registered for some stuff that she wants to decide when we are there. ha ha.
    i forgot to post this in the original post but what r some things that turn girls on? i try stuff and it used to work but lately she rarely gets turned on, she even says so. and she says "i dont know" everytime i ask what turns her on or what i can do...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bpeetz View Post
    i try stuff and it used to work but lately she rarely gets turned on, she even says so. and she says "i dont know" everytime i ask what turns her on or what i can do...
    Sounds to me she just likes your money and your spoiling her, especially if she doesn't care to get intimate.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You want a really romantic date? Screw the commercialized cruise ship. Take some sailing lessons. If you're fairly competent you can learn the basics in a single weekend. Rent a small 21' sloop, bring along a bottle of wine, some music, and spend an evening on the water.
    Last edited by Gribble; 05-04-07 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah, the Titanic thing is really cheesy.
    oh yeah? well then make your own suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Sounds to me she just likes your money and your spoiling her, especially if she doesn't care to get intimate.
    didn't he say she was paying for herself, btw?
    Last edited by Tiay; 05-04-07 at 12:22 PM.

Rub lotion on her back when you're sunbathing.

Hold her hand while walking along the beach.

Spell I love "whatever her name is" in the sand on the beach.

Ask the band/d.j. to play a special song and ask her to dance.

You're really sweet, you're heart is in the right place, I bet you'll do lots of stuff that'll make her feel special! She's lucky! Sounds like you are too!

We're so used to giving people other answers than those they expected, we can't even come up with a few simple romantic ideas without uber-analysing the whole thing? Only vash and clynn have actually put forth usable ideas!

ok.
    bring something that can play music, and bring nice soft romantic music. Or even buy a headphone splitter and spare set of earbuds to go with your mp3 player.

be friendly to the crew members.. and ask them for ideas. I have no idea if cruise staff are accommodating, but they might have experience of romantic stuff that can be arranged on the boat. Many people use cruises as romantic getaways, after all, and often honeymooners get special treatment. surely they can think of something or maybe they know romantic restaurants to go to in wherever places your cruise stops at.

I'm guessing not all cruise ships demand that you dress up for dinner, but it could still be fun to bring a tux/suit/whatever it's called.. and have her bring a nice evening dress?

Take photos! use the selftimer or ask somebody to take a photo of you together.

also, you don't want anything to go wrong;
    If she or you get really seasick, thus undermining the whole thing, ask if you can be moved to a room with less.. seasickness. depends where the room is, i'm told. Also, bring all prescription medications even if you might not need them. Do not forget sunscreen and sunglasses.. nothing kills romantic mood like angrily squinting into the sun while turning red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast