+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Her mom loves me, I'm afraid of her daddy..help!

Her mom loves me, I'm afraid of her daddy..help!

Well yea. That's pretty much it. I'm super nice to her mom and I think she likes me. Her dad on the other hand is...well I don't know why but I am afraid of the day we first have a real conversation. Can I get some help on the issue.

~Josh~
    [url]http://www.deenly.com/scplus.php?x=153[/url]

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I may sound stupid saying this but I think it's good guys are intimidated by their GF's father. Not that it will stop them from doing anything stupid with their girlfirends but I still think it's a good thing.

Now X, I'm taking he doesn't initiate any conversation what so ever? But you have met him right? All I would say is make sure your a perfect gentlemen..which you should be anyways..
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I may sound stupid saying this but I think it's good guys are intimidated by their GF's father. Not that it will stop them from doing anything stupid with their girlfirends but I still think it's a good thing.

Now X, I'm taking he doesn't initiate any conversation what so ever? But you have met him right? All I would say is make sure your a perfect gentlemen..which you should be anyways..
    LoL in a sorts sure. I've said hi to him on the phone and complimented on his shirt (reminds me of my own father LoL). "I may sound stupid saying this but I think it's good guys are intimidated by their GF's father. Not that it will stop them from doing anything stupid with their girlfirends but I still think it's a good thing." I like that LoL. Although I'm not doing anything stupid ever. I am waiting until I'm married

His job is to intimidate you so that you don't screw up and realize that your girlfriend is someone that should be important to you and not some one night lay.

Your job is to understand his job and agree that your girlfriend is not some one night lay and she is important to you. If you take this attitude then soon enough you will both see eye to eye. Don't push it, it’s a trust thing and the fact that he is not rushing to buddy buddy with you is a good thing in my opinion. Nice to see a real father these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Pickle
    His job is to intimidate you so that you don't screw up and realize that your girlfriend is someone that should be important to you and not some one night lay.

Your job is to understand his job and agree that your girlfriend is not some one night lay and she is important to you. If you take this attitude then soon enough you will both see eye to eye. Don't push it, it’s a trust thing and the fact that he is not rushing to buddy buddy with you is a good thing in my opinion. Nice to see a real father these days.
    Ha. It's sad. I knew this was what it was. For that though I am quite glad. Thank you.

Its not sad, its reality. Despite what you may have heard, respect and trust are earned not given. Honestly, if you’re not willing to earn trust then you should date a girl whose family doesn't care about her. Protective fathers aren’t that way because they just like being an ass to people on a constant basis. They are that way because to many people today are utterly worthless human beings that aren’t worth the time it takes to wipe your ass.

Look at all the posts on here about women who ended up with the wrong guy and now they regret it. A smart father can sometimes prevent this, not always but definitely sometimes. All you have to do is prove your worth; it really should not bother you at all.

The best people to be around are the ones who make you earn thier trust. Why? It is because they are the ones that are worth your trust usually. Do you really want to hang around people who don’t really give a shit about the people they say they love and care for? No. In time, you will appreciate that they made you earn their trust. One day, you will grow up to be a father who may prevent your daughter from getting pregnant and left alone and miserable because she got too involved with the wrong guy.

Last edited by Hugo Pickle; 04-02-06 at 04:36 PM.

If I were her dad and I saw this guy walking into my door, I can understand why he would get the wrong impression. After seeing your "Nigga What" caption under this photo, that would really help my impression of you as well.

If I were you, lose the beany-teenage angst-gangsta-wannabe-cholo look and you might get some respect back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Pickle
    Its not sad, its reality. Despite what you may have heard, respect and trust are earned not given. Honestly, if you’re not willing to earn trust then you should date a girl whose family doesn't care. Protective fathers aren’t that way because they just like being an ass to people on a constant basis. They are that way because to many people today are utterly worthless human beings that aren’t worth the time it takes to wipe your ass.

Look at all the post on here about women who ended up with the wrong guy and they regret it. A smart father can sometimes prevent this, not always but definitely sometimes. All you have to do is prove your worth; it really should not bother you at all. The best people to be around are the ones who make you earn trust. Why? It is because they are the ones that are worth your trust usually. Do you really want to hang around people who don’t really give a shit about the people they say they love and care for? No, in time you will appreciate that they made you earn their trust. One day, you will grow up to be a father who may prevent your daughter from getting pregnant and left alone and miserable because she got too involved with the wrong guy.
    Hey thanks man I already know this lol. Her dad loves me now btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog

If I were her dad and I saw this guy walking into my door, I can understand why he would get the wrong impression. After seeing your "Nigga What" caption under this photo, that would really help my impression of you as well.

If I were you, lose the beany-teenage angst-gangsta-wannabe-cholo look and you might get some respect back.
    Ha thanks for making a pic of me huge! Also, I appreciate your criticism. Although you seem very old in your views and opinions I'll point out a few things for you. The beanie (not beany, at least spell it right) keeps my head warm in my car with no heater because It is COLD AS HELL OUTSIDE IN THE STATES IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED! Not a gangsta. I buy my clothes at Anchor Blue and the beanie came from Pac-Sun. Doesn't it make you look childish when you get put down for trying to put someone else down? If I wanted to be cholo though. I wouldn't have a problem. I'm not mexican for no reason. Again though, thanks for the erhhhmmmm constructive criticism. I'll be sure to have my mother dress me and groom me properly for your tastes if you would like

[URL=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=beany]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=beany[/URL]

Come again?

If I wanted to be cholo though. I wouldn't have a problem. I'm not mexican for no reason.
    Yeah, you are definitely the guy who needs to be pointing out other people's grammar or spelling.

As far as your "intimidation" issues - You asked, I answered. The truth isn't always what you want to hear.

Teezy Guest
    [url]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=beanie[/url]

I'm not the one who pointed out that either was wrong.

Err, you weren't actually outside or in the car when you took that picture, though, were you?

If I were her father I'd have serious restraints when it comes to someone who looks like you. Don't judge a book by it's cover... but to choose to dress this way every day, that's gotta be an indication.

Everyone judges a book by its cover to some extent. You'd have to be an idiot not to.

LoL. Cybog was proved wrong. Thanks. Also That is the way I was dressed for that day I took pictures. I love how more then one of you have judged me already though. It shows character. Yes, I have more pictures but that day I was doing poses in that outfit so to speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast