+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship concerns

Relationship concerns

My partner and I are due to be married soon, however since we have been engaged he has told me he would prefer another girl over me (someone he only met once for 15 mins). He has said this on 3 different occassions. When I have approached him about this comment his response is always the same "I'm sorry" and "I love you" but never a simple explanation as to why he would say that. He said he has no explanation. Would someone say something like that to the person they want to marry and not mean it?

Also back in June he called me by accident (must have bumped his phone). I heard his family all putting me down and he was not defending me at all, just agreeing with them.

He keeps saying I can't leave and that he loves me, wedding only a few weeks away and while I dont want to hurt him I do want answers. He feels I need to just get over it. Am I over reacting?

You cant leave him because of his feelings? Well what about YOUR feelings? You noticed shit changing when you guys got engaged, think about how it will be when you two are married when he is fully safe that you are "his". I think it would be highly inappropriate for anyoen over the internet to try to convince you to leave or stay, but you really need to take a good long look at what you want for hte rest of your life, and what your life with him will be for you. Stop thinking of him, and just think about yourself for a while, and then make your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi12girl View Post
    My partner and I are due to be married soon, however since we have been engaged he has told me he would prefer another girl over me (someone he only met once for 15 mins). He has said this on 3 different occassions. When I have approached him about this comment his response is always the same "I'm sorry" and "I love you" but never a simple explanation as to why he would say that. He said he has no explanation. Would someone say something like that to the person they want to marry and not mean it?
    Guys don't explain it because most girls overreact to the news. By overreacting girls discourage open communication.

Also back in June he called me by accident (must have bumped his phone). I heard his family all putting me down and he was not defending me at all, just agreeing with them.
    That was rude of him. Sounds like he's not "the one".

He keeps saying I can't leave and that he loves me, wedding only a few weeks away and while I dont want to hurt him I do want answers. He feels I need to just get over it. Am I over reacting?
    I see no evidence of overreacting to this issue. But you are getting married to someone who really doesn't care about you? What does that say about YOU? Cancel the wedding. I think he will cheat on you the first chance he gets. He clearly likes someone else.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)