+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help question about ex

Need help question about ex

So heres the story ... me and my ex were together for 2 years when she dumped me cause she was a senior in highschool and wanted to make sure she wasn't missing out on anything. Or so she said. So she started seeing someone for about 6 months ... we would talk every once in a while. Now it seems that there relationship is over. She just recently reminded me of stuf that i still had of hers and left me messages if she could come get it. To me and some of my friends agreed that it sounded like an excuse to come see me. So she came a couple days later and we ended up talking and hanging out for like 2 hours. After which she didn't want to take any of the things that she came for anyway. I then walked her out to her car and she gave me a hug and I told her we should do it again and she agreed. I really miss her alot and I want to be back together with her. Im just wondering what I should do? should I wait to see if she talks to me again or should I try to get a hold of her? It just seemed like she was trying to find out if I was still interesed in her without actually bringing it up.

Thanks
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris1114
    It just seemed like she was trying to find out if I was still interesed in her without actually bringing it up.
    So whatcha waiting for, man?

Who asks to come get their stuff, get there, only not to bother to get it anyway? It's obvious she had a different motive - yeah, perhaps she was trying to see if you were still interested in her, but, I personally think she was trying to see if she is still interested in you.

After you met up did you feel like there was something there? Do you think she seemed interested in you?

My advice to you is: don't wait for her to ask you - she'll be waiting on you now. Simply ask her to meet up again - perhaps if she's got some of your stuff ask her if you can come and collect it and then once you get there don't bother to get it (haha). Or of course you could just say that you enjoyed seeing her again and ask her if she wants to go for lunch...

I really miss her alot and I want to be back together with her.
    You only live once, man. If you want her back so bad, don't hesitate to try, especially now she has made the opening effort.

Good luck!

I definitily felt liek there was something there ...but see the thing is ..she is the one who dumped me the first time. I don't want to act like im desperate ..shouldn't she be the one who tries to get back with me if thats what she is looking for?

Chris,
    Hey buddy, that is rough. I agree with Danny B though. I think you should go forward because you should not let your pride decide your actions. Be careful, but take a chance because you will always wonder. What is the worst that could happen? She can't dump you again. Worst case, your pride is hurt again but you will heal much quicker this time. If you do spend more time with her, try to make sure that she truly misses you and is not just bored of her current B/F and that this is comfortable. Hopefully within the last six months you've had time to reflect on what did not work and what worked in your relationship. If you are not constantly trying to become a better person, you're doomed to have the same outcomes in life. Good luck and keep us posted.

Alright thanks guys ...see our relationship lasted for two years and we very serious ...but she said she didn't want to have any regrets and that we need to take a break. So she left me out there for 6 months and hurt me real bad. I forgave her for everything , she just means so much to me i don't want to screw things up. I think im gonna give her a couple of days ..and if she hasn't tried to contact me I guess I will than. Good idea?
    Last edited by chris1114; 27-04-05 at 02:44 AM.

I think im gonna give her a couple of days ..and if she hasn't tried to contact me I guess I will than. Good idea?
    Yeah, I think... I've kinda had a change of heart on this though...

Whilst before I said you should just go for it, I do agree with Jsnowman that you should be careful - she broke your heart before and did so for a reason, that to take time apart...

Are you sure her other relationship is over? In your first post you said it seemed like it was. You need to find out more about this past relationship, such as who was the one who ended it? You see, if he ended it, she'll be looking for a confidence boost and who would be the perfect person to give her such a thing? ... you. She'd be pretty sure you'd take her back and just that fact alone would make her feel a whole lot better. But that's you being used - and that's something you don't stand for.

I know it seems like I've done a full circle here, but I think you need to find out more about her situation... maybe from her friends?

All I can say if she ended it with this other guy then that's a lot more positive than the other way round.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. But I really just want to see her again... I wouldn't commit to anything until we would talk everything out and make sure its what we both want and are both ready for.