+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is his feeling? help!

what is his feeling? help!

hi,

I'm confused about a guy that I've been seeing for about a month now.

He seems to be doing all the things that are listed on "signs he's into you", yet at the same time he's giving a lot of mixed signals that make me feel insecure about how he sees me.

He cares about me, concerns about my well-being, calls me everyday, and he makes time for me in his busy schedule. He has also introduced me to his family and friends, invited me to family functions such as nephew's birthday party and family dinners with his parents.

His close friends and family know that we're dating (though not exclusively), but he always make a point when introducing me to them, that I am "a friend".

Yes we started out as friends, it was pure platonic relationship and neither of us were looking for a relationship at the time. Both of us just ended our relationships when we first met. However since the beginning there was an instant emotional and intellectual connection between us. We can talk for hours, and time seems to fly when we're together. But he never fails to talk about his ex-gf and I'm always the "listener", which usually revolves around his failed relationship. Even to this day when we're dating, he still talks about her at least once a day.

When I asked him whether he still loves her, he said he'll always have special feelings for her in his heart. To this day I think he still loves her.

I have asked him a few times about his feelings for me, he said he liked me, and said he could see himself marrying me, even though he's not sure how happy we would be. He said that I'm the only person he's ever told this to.

Now, I have a nagging feeling that he only sees me as a good friend, yet afraid to let me know that. Perhaps he's afraid of hurting my feelings?

What are the indicators that a guy likes a girl only as a good friend? or more than just friends?

These days I always feel sad whenever I'm with him. I think I like him more than he likes me. What should I do?

"Friend" is how I'd introduce someone I wasn't exclusive with, too.

However, the mere fact that he brings up his ex once a day screams that he's still not over her and you're the rebound or placeholder girl. Talking about an ex all the time is one of the classic warning signs that you're going to get your heart broken; personally I'd take a break until he can sort out his feelings.