+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why women needs time or space in a relationship?

Why women needs time or space in a relationship?

my girl asked for space coz we are currently solving some issues regarding her sorority group. then it keeps our relationship hanging.. from the very start i don't want her to be involved in any sorority.now were like in a cool off situation and asking for time and space to let her think on her own?? gurls??? please answers why do you need space if you really love youre partners!

It makes it easier to move on
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

space means a break up is coming soon..sorry
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

but she told me that she loved me..and shes mine no matter happens.

They always say crap like that to keep you waiting.

Not much you can do. The ball is in her court. Either end it or wait.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

what should i do now then?

Quote Originally Posted by elz View Post
    what should i do now then?
    Take what she says word value. Nobody is a mindreader, despite the fact some pretend they are.

My wife and I on a regular base take something called *me* time, which means that we take a break from the relation for a few weeks.

This is in order to maintain our individuality and refuell our batteries. We're both very independent individuals.

So for all you know, she just needs some *me* time.

Like I said... take whatever she says word value. All the rest is trust. If you trust her and she trusts you, it shouldn't be a problem.

If she breaks that trust, then you have reasons to worrie.

Hope I am making sense here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ygg is right, i feel bad for assuming otherwise, it may be usual for a break to come but it is not always standard. wait and see
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ygg is right, i feel bad for assuming otherwise, it may be usual for a break to come but it is not always standard. wait and see
    Nothing to feel bad about it eco.

I'm only trying to point out there may be other reasons for asking space and that it's not necesairely an indication for an eminent breakup.

She just may need some me time, or she may feel a bit smothered and need some space, she may need to refuel her batteries, she may just need a break from the relation or she may just be wanting to be focusing on her new friends right now and experience some high life. Who knows. Only she does.

Pushing her and comming over as needy and clingy are a far better way to push her away as just giving her what she's asking for.

That's just my opinion of course.

Anyways, it's not always as bad as it appears, that's my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ygg,,

its our anniversary this week.. should i let her to do the things that she wants like giving like have what you said the me time? its kinda hard because this week is very special tome.

Quote Originally Posted by elz View Post
    ygg,,

its our anniversary this week.. should i let her to do the things that she wants like giving like have what you said the me time? its kinda hard because this week is very special tome.
    I would leave that up to her. If she considers it important, I am quite sure she'll somehow hint you.

Or, you could very carefully inquire what her plans are for that day, but don't push it, just ask casual: btw: do you have anything planned for (friday the 13th)???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i want to suprise her fetch her from school and bring some flowers.. but it is ok if i will tell her that if i can fetch her?

If she has asked for space, the best thing you can do right now is give it to her.

If she is looking to distance herself from you to make a breakup easier, her desperately needy soon-to-be ex will only make her that much more certain that it's the right thing to do.

If she just wants some breathing room to get situated in her new sorority, she'll be back shortly, and she'll appreciate her supportive poopiekins that much more.

Either way, I would suggest sending the occasional text, card, bouquet of flowers, stuffed animals, etc. (extra emphasis on "occasional") to remind her of all of the good things about you.

thanks for that little pingoin.. i used to fetch her to school yesterday with flowers on my hand as a gift because its her birthday. But i felt so unsure on my feelings when i saw her.. its like she's not happy.

little pingoin, I understand what you are saying, and years ago I would have said the same.

However, it's a woman we are talking about here: you ALWAYS lose.

If he doesn't (very carefully inquire) she may hold it against him, if he does (very carefully inquire) she may hold it against him, all depending on what her intentions are.

I would very carefully and casualy inquire, without pushing it, them leave the ball in her camp.

No answer from her is an answer to.

I hope that answers your question elz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast