+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I needed a break, right decision?

I needed a break, right decision?

Its been nearly 13 months. Its not the same that it used to be, it used to be so great but the honeymood period has been gone for ages and it hasnt bothered me. Its bothered her, she always gets upset its not how it used to be. Its been pushing me further away with her wanting to change the relationship, and with the fact she wants to be on the phone for a couple hrs every night and see me everyday, and getting upset when i go out with friends. I mean im 17 for crying out loud i need to live my life. I found myself falling in love with another girl and well that kinda screwed up in my face by the girl saying she loved me then changing her mind and saying it just wouldnt work! So here i am depressed as **** and i need to sort out what im doing in my life. Thats why i signed up here, to vent what im feeling. I told her we need a break so i can sort out what i need, get over this depression, get over this other girl that sent me into a state of crying for 2hrs when she said nothing can happen with us. Its just a big ****ed up mess so im the one who is taken a break to figure out what I want. Someone care to offer advice as to what i am supposed to do, if im going in the right direction?

I've been where you are (when i was a younger) and it sounds like your kinda hanging on to the girl cause it's better to be with than without! It ain't fair on your girl though.

Also maybe her getting upset when you go out with friends is kind of warranted (I don't know) I assume that other girl didn't just say i love you unless there was some kind of action if there wasn't then I don't know! You sound down about all of this though so if it isn't going right I guess you need to sort it out as best as you can. Sitting on the phone for hours is something that you kind of do when your dating! You sound like you feel smothered and want to get out but not to sure! Sometimes it is better to be without than to be with but hey it's your choice just don't lead your girl on!

Yes i am sooo confused, like i said im giving myself time to sort out myself. I am down as hell and i just feel like everything is a mess. Im going to visit my dad on the other side of australia in january and im contemplating staying there for good, just get away from everything i know and start new...

Hey if your dads cool, for you to go stay with him then thats a plan but don't do it to run away from your problem. Have you tried to talk to your girl again it may be that you just need to explain how you feel.

Then again when you go and stay with your dad who you running from your girlfriend or the rejection you felt when the other girl said she wasn't interested? I asssume you must have other friends over the other side of Australia as it's pretty unusual for someone to leave their home and where they are to avoid a girl. If you are going to move like I said be sure it's for the right reasons and don't forget what your leaving behind (family).

I seriously think if the girl is making you that miserable then you should talk to her if you can't be true to your girlfriend then don't just try and cheat on her: The decisions you make today will decide who you will be tommorrow!

Maybe if you could explain to your girlfriend that you can't see her this week and just try and stay in or sit down and talk about this problem with a family member.. or just to consider what you truly want but if you have decided don't be a punk and do it via phone or text be a man and do it to her face!

Trust me many hearts will be broken including yours before you get these things right so once this situation is closed maybe you should try and chill out!

As my bro said to me on Saturday a first love or girlfriend is like your first car you drive it fast thrash it out and don't really maintain it it's only after you get rid of that car and get another that you truly appreciate and respect it!

Good luck
    Last edited by turbomx3; 07-12-04 at 12:26 AM.