+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bad news for indi.. -- Soderling Upsets Nadal at ATP Finals

Bad news for indi.. -- Soderling Upsets Nadal at ATP Finals

i am shocked at the result..

Soderling Upsets Nadal at ATP Finals

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Robin Soderling, who ended Rafael Nadal’s unbeaten French Open run in May, beat the Spaniard for a second time this year at the ATP World Tour Finals.

The 25-year-old Swede won 6-4, 6-4 yesterday in a group match on the second day of the season-ending tennis event at London’s O2 arena. Novak Djokovic fought back to beat Nikolay Davydenko in three sets in the evening match.

“It’s a long way to go, but it’s a good start to beat the world No. 2,” Soderling said in a courtside interview after a backhand error by Nadal handed him the victory.

After ending Nadal’s unbeaten streak of 31 matches and four titles in the fourth round of the French Open, Soderling lost to top-ranked Roger Federer in the final at Roland Garros.

The Swede broke into the top 10 in October and entered his first ATP World Tour Finals as an alternate only last week after former U.S. Open champion Andy Roddick pulled out with an injury. Nadal, who missed the defense of his Wimbledon title mid-season because of knee tendinitis, is a two-time semifinalist at the Tour finals.

Using his flat forehand, Soderling put Nadal under pressure from the beginning, moving the six-time Grand Slam champion around the medium-paced court and attacking his forehand. Two consecutive forehand errors on Nadal’s serve handed Soderling the first set 6-4.

In the second set, Nadal thumped his chest as he broke serve for 2-1. The Swede immediately got the break back, as the crowd cheered for the Majorcan. Nadal continued to struggle with his ground strokes, uncharacteristically producing more unforced errors, 24, than winners, 18.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know. Its incredible. Tennis has changed so much compared to my youth. Its such an extreme athletic event now. One can only keep up that level for so long w/o breaking. I was in Oz when Nadal killed poor Federer at the Australia Open. That wasn't tennis, it was body-breaking marathon.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

When Danica Patrick plays tennis......it will have one more viewer.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvgnYDTTQ0"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    Last edited by Lipp; 24-11-09 at 11:41 AM.