+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's up with this shit?

What's up with this shit?

Fact: Seven years ago, I was madly in love with a young woman who invited me to visit her at her parents' home in Europe. I went. Things didn't work out and she married someone else whom her mother wanted her to marry. She emailed once about four years ago to invite me to her wedding in Europe. I said, "Can't attend, but thanks." Okay, now flash forward to three or four months ago--I get this invitation to join Facebook from her. No message--just the invite that went to my personal private email on a government server--so, it wasn't some yahoo.com automated invite.

What's up with this shit? Is she getting all misty-eyed for the past or something?

no she just wants to be your friend on facebook because she thinks you're a good guy and she likes you!

you're reading far too much into it, cam.

glad to see you haven't given up on us!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey Cam, same as before.

What happened to your trip? I was actually in Vic that week for a conference!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    no she just wants to be your friend on facebook because she thinks you're a good guy and she likes you!

you're reading far too much into it, cam.

glad to see you haven't given up on us!
    Ah, she invites and then when I sent a message saying, "Thanks for inviting me" then she never responds. Yes, that is a pretty clear sign that she wants to be my friend....

I'm not going to read too much into it because there's nothing to read. Don't worry, I'm not looking for an opening. In many ways, I would never have accomplished as much as I have if it weren't for all those years of pain around the heart that I positively channeled into a writing career.

you need to forget this person. she didn't love you as much as you loved her. it happens to all of us.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Agreed. Through my years of writing, and successful writing at that, I have rediscovered myself. Emotionally, I have forgotten her. Apparently, she has not forgotten me. The fact that she invites and then does not write is a message in and of itself.

..and thanks for dealing with my little scream into the Internet sky saying, "WTF!" in relation to the thoughtless woman's invite

Actually, about 3 months ago a crush I had from back in high school (actually a similar story, I took on a job so that I could afford to go visit her in Germany, where she was cold as ice) sent off a friend request to me.

I only use facebook maybe once every 2 months, accepted it, got some message about your average "How are you? What are you doing? Bla bla", but I just don't give a shit anymore.

So meh. It's facebook, not people knocking on your door in real life.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Didn't we discuss this three month's ago?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.