+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hes going to dump her, what should I do?

hes going to dump her, what should I do?

OK a few weeks ago I learned that this girl I always had a thing for had a crush on me recently, but didnt think I liked her, but that she thinks I'm hot. Well I started flirting with her alot more, but I didn't ask her out because a guy that I'm kindof friends with had just had a date with her and they were going to go out again, so I didn't want to piss of my friend, even though she was telling my friend to tell me to ask her out.

Well its been a few weeks now (4 to 5 atleast) and I got word from one of his closer friends that he doesnt really like her, so I'm pretty sure he will dump her soon. I know I'm a better on almost all levels than this guy, but what should I do to ensure that I am her first choice when he dumps her, or should I not even wait and try to move in on her a little now?

Continue the flirting. Show interest. Does she know that you know she's dating this guy? If she thinks you're clueless about her dating life, ask her out now and pretend you don't know. She might say something to the affect that she's seeing someone, but it'll get the idea pretty well set in her head that you want to ask her out. Then wait a few days after that guy dumps her, and ask her innocently if she's still seeing that guy or if you two can go out now.

Sneaky, but it should work and let her know that you're willing to date her.

Alexi

Consider the following questions:
    1) If the guy who is dating her find out you want her, would he dump her even sooner (to clear the way for you), or reconsider dumping her altogether?
    2) Would you want to be her rebound guy? (i.e. are you only superficially interested, or do you think there might be something really serious)