+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where do I stand?

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Where do I stand?

Hello everyone, I would appreciate some advice. I have been seeing a guy for 6 months. He lives in another state but we talk and text daily and see each other when we can. So far things have been moving along pretty well. My only concern is that I really am not sure where things stand at this point. We've told each other numerous times that we like each other and that we think of each other all the time. The other day we were talking and he mentioned that he was going to the beach the next day. When I asked him who he was going with, he said no one and that he prefers to go alone b/c it was better for picking up girls. I was taken aback but kind of laughed it off. After I got thinking about it, it got on my nerves. I sent him a message saying that I wanted to be in a relationship where I was the priority and not an option and that I was feeling like his option. He responded hours later with a text asking why I would say something like that. I just reminded him about his comment about picking up girls at the beach. He did not answer back, but this morning I sent him another text telling him that I liked him and wanted a relationship but that I do not want to be his option/ alternative girl. He has not responded. Do you think I overreacted or did anything wrong? Should I just leave him alone now and see if he contacts me? Thanks in advance for your input.

Is this a text/phone based relationship? Have you ever met him in person?

I don't think this dude is your boyfriend.

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    We've seen each other several times and were even planning to get together this month.

Sorry I can't take your problem seriously because you are not in a real relationship with this guy. And you probably won't ever be unless for some reason you guys end up living in the same zip code. Dude's are visual creatures - and right now, you're just an annoying buzz on his phone - and those babes at the beach are lookin' pretty hot.

Also - must be nice living in a place where you can go to the beach in November!

Are you actually boyfriend and girlfriend? If not he can go to the beach and do what the hell he likes can't he? And yes, the distance is probably pissing him off. It would piss me off.