+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were her, would you invest in this?

If you were her, would you invest in this?

I need a huge sum of money.

I found a millionaire acquaintance to help me with my problem.

I told her the reason why I need the money, she told me I was naive, because i am borrowing money to help my girlfriend. But she is willing to meet up with me and discuss the matter.

If you were my rich friend would you conceive my business proposal as below?

If I borrow 20k from you, I know I will take at least 5 years to repay you.

If I borrow 20k from you and you invest in my business proposal, you may need to fork out a max of 60k more.

But you can get back 20k + 60k in 3 month's time. Furthermore, you can earn about 5k more for the next 2 months.

But I have a condition, after you manage to recover the 20k, I want 20% of the profit from the extra earnings, you keep 80%.

And if you decided to do a long term investment with me, you can stand to reap returns of around 50%, ie: 20k capital earns you 10k. Again, I just want 20%, that's all.

I have done my homework already, I have tried to reduce the risk to as low as possible. I will provide the expertise and work, you just have to bankroll me and wait to collect money.

Would you welcome this idea?

I am sorry i cannot reveal the details of this plan. It has been tested and proven though.

of course all businesses would have some risks, but if i have enough capital, there is no worries about the plan suffering losses.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why would i give you any money?? even if you were my friend i wouldn't just hand over 20k. then again, i'm not this millionaire that has chump change to blow around.

i dunno though, it seems that for using your friend's money, you are the one who gains the most out of this whole deal without losing the most money.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In terms of raising capital for your venture: You'd be better off purchasing a house, mortgaging it & borrowing the money to yourself.

20K is not a lot of money. The fact you think it is would set alarm bells going off in my head. Especially in the absence of a solid proposal.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe in "get rich quick" schemes, so no - I would not give you the money.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't believe in "get rich quick" schemes, so no - I would not give you the money.
    instead, why don't we party it up in vegas?? 20k would last a good week for the both of us.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashti

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    instead, why don't we party it up in vegas?? 20k would last a good weekend for the both of us.

raverboy
    Fixed your post Raver.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay! Count me in! Be sure to bring the money, illusional.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay! Count me in! Be sure to bring the money, illusional.
    Think he's good for it? You may need to rent him out for a few hours to make your buy-in money. And watch him w/strip poker, he plays to lose on purpose.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with this being said, it sounds like you "already" have this large sum of money. when i look into my bank account, all i see is empty beer bottles... so this time you can treat me and i'll get you back next time.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with this being said, it sounds like you "already" have this large sum of money. when i look into my bank account, all i see is empty beer bottles... so this time you can treat me and i'll get you back next time.

raverboy

Hey! YOU invited ME!! YOU are supposed to pay!

how are you going to make all that money back? borrowing for your girlfriend? i'm confused.

i borrowed 20 grand for my car. if a bank won't lend you that then i'm assuming you have lousy credit.

now if you told me you were going to invest the 20 grand in guns or drugs and sell them on the black market i probably would go ahead and give it to you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey! YOU invited ME!! YOU are supposed to pay!
    like every other guy, i was only inviting you out because you got some hidden cash that you were saving. i've been spying on you.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    like every other guy, i was only inviting you out because you got some hidden cash that you were saving. i've been spying on you.

raverboy

If I have hidden cash, I am damn sure not dumb enough to spend it on a guy when I can get him to pay for me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    same here... there's is nothing wrong with me trying to get you to give me some sugar and some spending money...

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast