+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How fast do you fall in love?

How fast do you fall in love?

I know that you can never really put a time frame in terms of love. Sometimes things may happen in no time at all but I was just curious how long it generally takes all of you out there to fall in love??? Sometimes I feel like it takes me much longer than other people to say it to another person. I'll talk to my friends and co-workers and it seems like a lot of them say it after only a month of dating. That just seems a little rushed to me... Just curious....

Me pretty fast, i told the girl im with i love after a month of being with her, it's not rushed because you can fall in love straight away from my experience. I guess most people are different.

I've been in love twice. The first it was love at first sight. The second was with my ex. She said she loved me a month into the relationship, and I had felt the same. Funny that we broke up two weeks later.

For me falling in love was different each time. One time it was "love at first sight", and another time we were friends for quite some time. Then suddenly it struck me that she was more than a friend to me. ah well....shit happens I guess
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

I used to feel the same way when I was younger, that people where rushing into the whole "I love you" scene. It's wasn't easy for me to like someone and its not easy for me to make close friends but for some reason the times that I've been in love it happened rather quickly and quite unexpectedly, like a sudden realization or a slap in the face.

Edit: I don't think this is something that you can put a specific time frame on, as it will vary between people and the type of relationship that they share.
    Last edited by Spades_; 05-01-10 at 02:26 PM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it was just over a month for me. but I didn't tell him until just past 2 months.

personally... i don't call it love when i just met the person and don't really know him that well but i get the heady and giddy feeling towards him.. i call it physical attraction. For me, love takes time to grow.. it's after you really spend quality time knowing that person from inside and outside and you come to accept his/her flaws and still love him/her despite those things... oh well.. that's just me so definitely no time frame for love...
    i think i'm a guy with boobs (???)

I think love at first sight is a cliché but for some people it actually happen.
    Ive tried myself once a time. I got totally blended by the girls beauty and it took me a year to find out she not was the person I thought she was..

Btw it all depends on her bahavior etc but normally for me its like 1 month 2 month.

No set time at all really, however the word love is thrown around far too casually really.

Personally i dont believe in love at first site, thats simply lust. I fail to see how just by looking at someone you can just say 'I love that person' when in reality you know nothing about them.

Most then forget that the opening few months of a relationship is the honeymoon period where its so new and exciting that your emotions go into overload. Its a year or so down the line that you suddenly realize it wasnt what you wanted.

Hence why nowdays the divorce rate is so high. People get so caught up in the initial part of the relationship that the push it to the limit too quickly.

For me love is something that grows over a period of time, not something that can be disovered quickly.

i've fallen in love in just over a months time. it was very intense month though....and without sex believe it or not.

I've been in love several times within the last 10 years. It depends on the guy and the relationship I share with him. Typically, I let the guy go first. After so much experience with serious relationships, I'm very sure of my own feelings. I am comfortable feeling love for someone without the word "love" being a necessity. Too many people place too much emphasis on hearing the words "I love you". IMO.

I knew I loved my current boyfriend before either of us said anything. We kept things casual for a few weeks, but I fell for him fast. We spent nearly every waking moment with one another. I had a feeling he felt the same, but did not want to spoil it by rushing love. I decided to just relax and enjoy his company. About a month after we began dating, he called me just after Labor Day weekend telling me to come over because he had something important to say.

Other times it's been between 1-3 months before I've said/heard the words "I love you".

I said the L-word to my husband about 3 months in. We were engaged about 9/10 months later and got married soon after that.

I was actually kind of afraid to tell the forum that I'd gotten married so soon because I figured maybe I'd hear some criticism. But sometimes you know what's right for yourself and you realize it's ok to do things on your own timetable. There was no rush besides a possible biological clock issue. Mostly it was something we mutually wanted to do. I figure if people want to judge, that's fine. For the record though, the forum has been pretty supportive and I appreciate it.

Our friends and family are all extremely supportive. They see how happy we make each other. The only person who advised me against getting married so soon was ironically my crazy friend who's advice I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

re

following ur feeling no matter it's fast or slow

Yeah i don't believe there is such thing as "love at first sight". Possibly "lust at first sight", but like someone said, you don't even know the person so how can you love them.

I think I lust for someone for about 3-4 months before I really get to know them and actually love them.