+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Talking to my girlfriend more

Talking to my girlfriend more

I've been dating my girlfriend for about a month and things are going pretty well and this happens to be her first relationship. The only thing is that we don't talk as much as I would like to. I'm usually the one that has to text her first to get a conversation going, which doesn't bother me too much but I don't always like to have to text her first. I dislike playing silly games like these but sometimes I prefer not to text her and wait for her to text me first. Sometimes she will never text or call me at all. In my past relationships (haven't been in many) I could call and talk to my girlfriend for hours into the night, but with my current one she seems as if she does not want to talk that much which makes me feel she isn't as interested in me as I am in her. I would like to talk to her about it... however, I don't want her to think that I'm too clingy or that she is guilty than all of a sudden thinks I'm going to be mad at her if she doesn't text/call me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you can't really compare your current girlfriend to your past girlfriends. You're always going to find "fake" shortcomings in your girlfriends if you do that kind of thing. It's not a sign of her interest level if she's always been stand offish when it comes communication. Some people don't feel the need to talk to others on a regular basis. Plus it's her first relationship, so she might be nervous.

Either way you may need to find a different girlfriend if all night conversations are something that's important to you.

she doesn't know how to be in a relationship. it's normal. keep talking to her, eventually she'll open up.

maybe she just doesn't like talking on the phone/texting all the time in general. personally i see the phone and texting as means of establishing plans, and prefer doing he talking in person. plus if you talk every day, you have nothing to catch up on when you go on your dates. maybe she just likes space, which doesn't mean she likes you any less. you should ask her about it. don't be afraid that you'll seem clingy, if you don't talk about things that bother you, you're relationship won't be able to progress.