+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: really need advice: girls and their personal space

really need advice: girls and their personal space

i have known this girl for years, but we've just started hanging out together. We have a lot in common, and we both like being around each other. My fraternity is having this dance in west virginia, so we have to stay in hotel rooms. I asked her to be my date, and she said yes. now she tells me that she doesnt want to sleep in the same be with me. I know that she is the type of girl that doesnt want to have sex intil she is married, and I have to respect that, and she knows that i do. i told here that she can trust me, but she told me that trust was not the issue. She wont sleep with anyone in the same bed, no matter who, not even her family or girl friends. She told me that she does not want to offend me, its just that its an issue with her personal space. Because of all this, she asked that one of us sleep in the bed and one in the chair. It think that this is kind of silly. How can I convince her to not be so worried about this???

You can't, and she is smart.

Tone Guest
    You.

****ing.

Scumbag.

Who CARES!! Geez... you sound like such a sleazball trying to convince a girl it's okay to sleep with you cause they should trust you! Obviously she can't if you really are coming onto the internet looking for advice on how to talk her into it.

And don't pull this bullshit of how it's not about sleeping together it's about her trusting you, cause she already said it's not a trust issue, I mean - she told you, you obviously heard it, you typed it to us, but do you not believe it yourself?

What a jerkoff!

Yeah. You can't convince her otherwise and she is smart. Respect her decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You.

****ing.

Scumbag.

Who CARES!! Geez... you sound like such a sleazball trying to convince a girl it's okay to sleep with you cause they should trust you! Obviously she can't if you really are coming onto the internet looking for advice on how to talk her into it.

And don't pull this bullshit of how it's not about sleeping together it's about her trusting you, cause she already said it's not a trust issue, I mean - she told you, you obviously heard it, you typed it to us, but do you not believe it yourself?

What a jerkoff!
    Come on man, Pipe down. Why do you always have to assume people are the worst case scenario. Sure he's in college, so it's quite likely, but I wouldnt jump to such confusion. The boy just doesnt want to sleep in a chair, but he can't really force her too either. He's just in a crappy situation.

Dude, bring a air matress and sleep on the floor.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea she has said she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed, so let it go, respect her wishes and sleep in the chair. Don't try and convince her of anything.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

They have cots you can get in hotel rooms.

It is HER right to say NO. Just value that in her and let it go. You invited her on this trip KNOWING she has strong convictions. I would get an extra cot and say thank you for coming with me. You dont need to convince her of anything.

Be a gentleman! Get a cot.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You.

****ing.

Scumbag.
    ^What he said. Just not as harsh.

Take the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Come on man, Pipe down. Why do you always have to assume people are the worst case scenario. Sure he's in college, so it's quite likely, but I wouldnt jump to such confusion. The boy just doesnt want to sleep in a chair, but he can't really force her too either. He's just in a crappy situation.

Dude, bring a air matress and sleep on the floor.
    Hahahahaa, and get clowned on by everyone?

"HEY GUYS, CAN I STUFF THIS MATTRESS IN THE TRUNK? AND IM TAKING THE FLOOR TONIGHT. ONE OF YOU BETTER HELP ME MOVE IT IN THE ROOM. THAANKS!!!!!!"

Dude, I don't think its weird for two people to sleep together and be chill, but the girl is worried about public perception. Maybe this date idea ain't a good idea? You got any other friends who you might be able to have a fun time with?

Personally, I'm in a frat and know what it can be like every now & then. You can either just be like, lets sleep on opposite sides of the bed, put a pillow barrier or whatever, or you can just take the couch or floor.

Ideally: get another girl.

But you just gotta make do.

Good luck,
    -MV
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Ask the hotel to provide you with a cot.
    Hotels ALWAYS have cots.

If she can Trust you, that means she can trust you to respect her space.

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Hahahahaa, and get clowned on by everyone?

"HEY GUYS, CAN I STUFF THIS MATTRESS IN THE TRUNK? AND IM TAKING THE FLOOR TONIGHT. ONE OF YOU BETTER HELP ME MOVE IT IN THE ROOM. THAANKS!!!!!!"
    I guess that's why I didn't do the frat thing; my friends have a bit more class than that.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yeah, I never saw the point in buying my friends lol. I'm playin, but I was never too fond of sororities or fraternities. I don't know why it's so important for him to sleep in the same bed as her. Maybe he could answer that and we can learn what his intentions are.

rudolph21------TAVS is right, you should let her have the bed and you sleep on the floor.

Trust issue....hmmmm....maybe it's not you, maybe she doesn't trust herself! Heh heh.

Looks like shes not your type of girl if what you want is her to jump strait into bed with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast