+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He loves me but says he's longer physically attracted to me....

He loves me but says he's longer physically attracted to me....

He loves me but is no longer physically attracted to me anymore...
    I've been dating my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now. I have recently moved to another country to be with him, so times have been stressful.
    In the beginning things were incredibly passionate. Everything seemed perfect.
    We still have plans for a future together, he says he loves me and wants to be with me forever. He says he's happy.
    He just no longer looks at me the same way. He doesn't look at me and get turned on anymore.
    I don't know what to do about this.
    He says it's only been about 6 weeks that it's happened, but doesn't know if he'll be able to get these 'feelings' back.
    We're still affectionate with each other, just not having sex.
    What can I do? Is this just a phase he's going through or is it a sign that it's over?
    We both love each other so much and everything else is perfect. We just don't have the passion anymore.
    Advise is greatly appreciated!

Most people go through these phases at some point in a relationship. You get content, things start to get stale, and some of the attraction disappears.

It isn't necessarily the beginning of the end, but you might want to do something to break the routine and spice things up.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Has your appearance changed?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I hadn't really thought about what sehvral mentioned because I like for things to stay the same, but that is an excellent point. I will add this though, if after attempting to "spice things up" there is still no physical attraction you both need to talk honestly about your future. If you two get married and there is no physical attraction what do you think will happen when some bombshell is attracted to him at work or somewhere else? Don't underestimate the power of physical attraction. I've said this before and I think it may apply here as well, "the only difference between good friends and and relationship partners is sex". If there is no sex then you just have a friendship. Friends don't need to get married to stay friends.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

My physical appearance hasn't changed at all. I mean I've obviously had hair cuts etc, but as far as weight gain I'm the same as when we first met!
    I spent a heap of time at the gym so being physically fit has always been important to me

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh! Sarah! Why did you post the same thread twice?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sorry new to this! I didn't think the first one had saved then thought it was possible in the wrong place!!