+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how long would it take for someone to stop thinking about a person and dreaming about

how long would it take for someone to stop thinking about a person and dreaming about

this person? its been a month since my girlfriend dumped me, since day almost every night i dream about her, and on the days i always think about her...we've been together for almost 10 months, i heard that it takes about half of that time of dating get over a break up.
    when would i be able to have a dream that does not include her there, or when will i be able to think also about other things and forget about her?
    from your own experience guys?

No good answer for that, it takes time. If she pops in your head, try thinking about something else, something happy. I have been broken with my ex for 4 months, and we dated about a year or so, and I still think about her everyday. It sucks, Im still wondering the same question

I have a good answer fella's! First off i would like to say that this time period your talking about will go away. In the first 4 to 6 weeks you will experience a type of withdrawl from your past relationship, a lot like coming off drugs. Im not an expert in the chemical workings but i know it happens. Now, you do decide your level of involvement,It is up to you to get yourselves past this. It is very easy to start dwelling on scenarios that have no answers and will drive you into depression. The best way to fight this is to be active and replace old memories with new ones. I am almost 2 weeks into my new life without my girl.....and i will be ok. The best advise i can give you is to not think about them anymore, (this will be VERY hard) but its doable. Remove anything that reminds you of them in your house, car, etc. If you cant deal with it right now, throw it in a closet and shut the door until you can. After this, SELF IMPROVEMENT, all the way boys!
    I wish you both the best of luck! It will fade away.......I promise