+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficult Situation - Any Help Is Appriciated

Difficult Situation - Any Help Is Appriciated

I am currently in a long distance relationship. Her and I were together back in late May/early June last year and she broke up with me the night I was supposed to fly out and see her. I just recently found out it was because her mother is over-protective of her and doesn't want her to have friends outside of where they live or school. (she's almost 21 by the way) Well we got back together right after Valentine's day and I'm trying to figure out a way I can go and see her. The problem is she lives in Minnesota and I live in Colorado. She's in school and I'm currently out of work. She doesn't want her mother knowing she's talking to me again yet for obvious reasons.
    I need some help on how to keep myself from going crazy while waiting for time to pass so I can see her. It's hard because no matter what I'm doing, who I'm with she's the only thing on my mind.
    I guess part of the reason is because I actually had a chance to see her back in July in Illinois because she was staying with her uncle out there and I was spending a couple weeks with my best friend who lives in Roselle. Instead of getting to see her, we got into a big fight over the phone the first day I was there and then I didn't talk to her again until August, well after I had come back home and now I regret the fact that I had a chance to see her and didn't because we got into a stupid fight.
    My problem is it's driving me crazy because I love her and I have no way of seeing her or being with her until sometime around June. I wake up crying every morning because I continue to have some type of dream where I'm with her and am able to spend time with her and it's killing me to not be able to do that right now.

Can someone help, please?
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

She needs to stop letting her mom control her life. I would never let my mom tell me what to do like that extreme even after 18. It's her ****ing life. I hate parents like that. You need to tell her that she just needs to tell her mom that she is her own woman and control herself and that her mom is a ****ing *****.

My question is, do you really want to be with someone so insensitive as to break up with you on THE DAY before you were supposed to come visit her?

Didn't it break your heart?

You need to let her go and let her grow, man. If she's worth your time, she'll beg for you back, and then YOU can make a decision for once. Don't be jerked around.

Well that was eight months ago, just about. She's the one that actually asked me to be her boyfriend again. Her problem is her mother is like that and she's afraid that if she upsets her that she'll kick her out and she can't afford to live on her own yet because she's constantly in school until October.
    I trust her and I know she loves me with all her heart. It would actually hurt more now if I didn't try and see her than what happened back in June. I've loved her the entire time and I've known her longer than a month this time.
    But again, my problem is... "It's driving me crazy because I love her and I have no way of seeing her or being with her until sometime around June. I wake up crying every morning because I continue to have some type of dream where I'm with her and am able to spend time with her and it's killing me to not be able to do that right now."
    I want to know how to make it easier on me?
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

it'd be easier if you don't see her for a while. these things tend to fizzle down a bit with time. but the question is, do you want it to fizzle down? or would you rather suffer and feel very in love?

The thing is we are very much in love and want to be together, but we have to get everything together before we can physically be together. She's currently my girlfriend and we are talking every single day at least twice. She has to finish school before I can move out there and move in with her when she get's her own place.
    All I want to know is there anything I can do to make myself feel better because it's hurting me to not be with her right away. I mean she means so much to me that I'm so willing to wait, it's just hard and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make myself feel better, like cheer up?

I don't know, f*ck other girls?

It doesn't really sound like you have a problem.

Stop b*tching.

I solved this little problem on my own, so I guess I can give advice to anyone who's having the same problem.
    Just think of it this way, you'll eventually get to see them, and knowing that there's someone that loves you that much and you love them the same in return is enough to make you so very happy and there's no reason to be down because that person you love is there for you, even if not physically.

have you ever really met this girl? I would start seeing other ppl, it might put the situation in a different light... Maybe you're really just afraid of being alone...