+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any hope for our future?

Any hope for our future?

I started dating my ex 6 months ago, everything happened so fast, we started dating within a week of talking and fell in love within a month. The 1st 4 months were great (although there was small issues). Then when summer started we moved away from school and things got hard.

I went away for 5 weeks in the 4th month and it was really hard for both of us but we worked through it. Just before I came back she told me that she wanted to have my babies.when I came back things were different. She didn't have much time for me as she needed to work to pay for school (pretty much everyday). We would see each other 3 times a month and text 2-3 times a week. She stopped showing me much affection, and I started to get angry with her.

Towards the end almost every conversation I had I was angry cause she didn't talk to me enough.

4 days ago we ended things on good terms. We both knew things weren't really working right now. She said she will always love me and care about me and that she really wants to be friends.She told me that it wouldn't be fair for me if she stayed with me because she wasn't 100% into it.

Is there any hope of us getting back together, my friends say not at all but I don't want to lose hope. If we were going to stay long distance then I wouldn't have much hope but we will both be moving back to school.

Ps I'm 20 and she is 19, this is also my first relationship
    Last edited by tomtom8p; 28-07-11 at 11:02 PM.

You're so young why would you stick to a relationship in which big troubles started after only 4 months? She was your first love so she will always be special to you, but believe me a healthy and happy relationship looks differently.

Do you really think you'd have a chance? She even said she is not 100% into it, do you want to be with someone who isn't?

I think your friends are right it's time to move on... no need to lose hope, it's just not meant to be with her, but soon you'll find somebody who loves and appreciates you the way you are and who will show you the affection she couldn't give you! Trust in that!

Big hug
    Kyeema

Just walk away, in a couple of months you'll look back and see the reasons why it wasn't working.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks for the advice. I really think that is the best thing to do. I'm waffling contantly on this. One moment I want to be back with her and the next I just know that if I was it wouldn't work out in the long term.

It's so hard but I think your both right.

Thanks

Just some advice.....its normal for talk of marriage, babies and the future when swept up in the moment at the beginning of a relationship, but its just talk. You went through the honeymoon stage all fast and furious which many do at your age. Its best to enjoy your freedom at this stage of your life, having different experiences, casual dating, screwing chicks, partying, etc. My god have fun, enjoy your youth, because marriage, mortgage, babies, and responsibilities......it all down hill from there lol.