View Poll Results: Would you be cool with it?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, not cool.

21 91.30%
  • Sure, go ahead.

2 8.70%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Would you be cool with your GF hanging out with other guys all the time?

Poll: Would you be cool with your GF hanging out with other guys all the time?

This isnt a poll on how you would handle it, but would you be OK with your girlfriend hanging out with 3-4 guys going out drinking pretty much every night till 3-4am when she was not with you?

When ever she has free time she should be with you lol. Not with other man.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

no way. well i wouldn't accept that from my bf, unless perhaps they were very close friends. but going out drinking with girls all the time until late would piss me off.

Yesterday I would have said no because I was overprotective, overobsessive, and controlling. Now I say yes I would be. As long as she's not off playing around on me, I would be fine with it.
    [url]http://www.deenly.com/scplus.php?x=153[/url]

It depends...if these were all friends of hers before she started dating you, and I mean just friends, I'd be cool w/it. I have a friend who's a girl, that is really only friends w/guys. If you want to date her, you've got to be cool w/the fact that she hangs out w/a ton of guys that are really like her brothers.

Now, w/an ex of mine, she started hanging out w/a large group of guys while we were dating, and I was still tolerant of that because it wasn't getting in the way of the time we spent together. I trusted her enough to know she wasn't going to get gangbanged by the group of guys she was hanging out with.

When it gets complicated, is when she starts choosing to hang out w/another guy over you. Which is when I was no longer cool w/it. It's pretty easy to tell when things are going on like that. She starts getting calls in the middle of the night from them, talks to them all the time when she's with you...if shit like that is going on, I would not be cool w/it, and was not when that happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    It depends...if these were all friends of hers before she started dating you, and I mean just friends, I'd be cool w/it. I have a friend who's a girl, that is really only friends w/guys. If you want to date her, you've got to be cool w/the fact that she hangs out w/a ton of guys that are really like her brothers.

Now, w/an ex of mine, she started hanging out w/a large group of guys while we were dating, and I was still tolerant of that because it wasn't getting in the way of the time we spent together. I trusted her enough to know she wasn't going to get gangbanged by the group of guys she was hanging out with.

When it gets complicated, is when she starts choosing to hang out w/another guy over you. Which is when I was no longer cool w/it. It's pretty easy to tell when things are going on like that. She starts getting calls in the middle of the night from them, talks to them all the time when she's with you...if shit like that is going on, I would not be cool w/it, and was not when that happened to me.
    Well in my case, she met them after we started dating. They work with her.

She has other guy friends she calls her "brother" and i have NO problem with them hanging out.

i wouldn't be ok with my girl if she went drinking every night till 3-4 am all the time...regardless if WHO she was going out with (girls, guys, whatever). she wouldn't be my girl for very long...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    i wouldn't be ok with my girl if she went drinking every night till 3-4 am all the time...regardless if WHO she was going out with (girls, guys, whatever). she wouldn't be my girl for very long...
    Dude you sound like me yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnlyX

OK, you've mentioned twice that between yesterday and today you are able to flip the switch over from being a obsessive controlling guy to a guy that just is cool with it. 1st of all, how is that possible, 2nd of all, why? I think a little obsessiveness and control is somewhat necessary, otherwise you leave youself open to get walked all over.

In addition to the original question, would you feel the same way if you brought it up to your girl that you were not cool with her hanging out with other guys, and instead of trying to work it out and comprimise she said "stop trying to control something you have no control of"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnlyX
    i'm just not down with people that drink or party that much and that hard. i only have a few friends like that...never had a serious relationship with a girl like that.
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    i'm just not down with people that drink or party that much and that hard. i only have a few friends like that...never had a serious relationship with a girl like that.
    Same for me. I also don't like to be involved with anyone who drinks, smokes, or consumes other unhealthy things in large quantities.

I find it is more difficult to deal with people who like to go to parties all the time than with people who like to stay at home but do other things such as video gaming.

For the other part of your question, Mneumonik, I would be okay with my significant other hanging out with other people depending on the circumstances. If he is hanging out with friends at the library, mall, school, etc., then I am fine with it. However if it is at a bar or club, I wouldn't like it so much.

I'd get annoyed if it was everyday, would be cool maybe if she invited you too?

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    I'd get annoyed if it was everyday, would be cool maybe if she invited you too?
    My work schedule doesnt allow it. She also lives about 30-40 miles from me... Not that i would want to go out every night anyway. Im past that stage in my life when i needed to go out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mneumonik
    OK, you've mentioned twice that between yesterday and today you are able to flip the switch over from being a obsessive controlling guy to a guy that just is cool with it. 1st of all, how is that possible, 2nd of all, why? I think a little obsessiveness and control is somewhat necessary, otherwise you leave youself open to get walked all over.

In addition to the original question, would you feel the same way if you brought it up to your girl that you were not cool with her hanging out with other guys, and instead of trying to work it out and comprimise she said "stop trying to control something you have no control of"?
    Basically. Yesterday I was like that. Since then I have been set straight. So before you begin interrogating me as to how I change. I just did and I'm satisfied with that.

Teezy Guest
    Not ALL the time, but some of the time sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast