+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just say Good Bye?

Should I just say Good Bye?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I'm in a very tough situation and need some advice please. Last October of 2008 my best friend had a serious stroke and the doctors didn't know if he was going to survive or not. I had a hard time dealing with this, and a coworker (female, 22) saw this and her and I became very close. She was in a relationship but was not happy with the relationship at the time. We began going out together, talking on the phone every day and just enjoying each other's company...she really helped a lot. She has cheated on her boyfriend before keep in mind. We both fell in love with one another, we slept together and she was going to break up with her boyfriend but something stopped her (his money). Anyways, they lived separately at this time and we were still seeing each other, then she decided to move in with him in March. I took this really bad and it's bad enough I had to work with her every day. We continued to talk (but not hang out as much), she would send me text messages saying how she loves me and misses hanging out etc. I currently have a new job bc i'm changing careers, and we had continued to be "friends" with feelings toward one another but I just found out through a mutual friend that she just got engaged. I'm heartbroken, I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it. She hasn't called me or texted me for weeks. Just a month and half ago she told me she wished we were together sometimes...I'm very depressed but at the same time I just think to myself, just TRY to move on. Do you even think she's "afraid" of confronting me or do you just think she needs time to sort things out? I miss her but I just don't know what to do...any advice please? Thank you in advance, I greatly appreciate it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, Eric! She has moved on. She may have had genuine feelings for you, but she made another choice. You need to forget about her and get on with your life. I suggest you cut all contact with her - it will only add salt to the wound. You'll heal faster without her talking to you.

Too bad about your friend with the stroke, BTW... you sound young, and I assume your friend is, too.

vashti is right. You have to move on and the only recipe for doing that is meeting someone new. It was hard for her, but she made a choice, you have to accept that.

best thing to do now is carry on with ur life eric, i believe she want u to be happy too..

just like i want him to be happy too...

Ouch.

One more story to back up the argument that getting involved with coworkers can backfire.

Eric, look at this with logic. You may be in love with her right now, but that will fade and you will remember that she is a cheater. She's cheated on this guy she's going to marry multiple times. Does this make her a bad person? yes. yes, it does, and she is not good enough for sweet you.

You'll find someone else. Be choosier next time, okay? No more cheaters.
    Spammer Spanker

I feel even worse for her fiance

Thank you to everyone who posted....your advice was seriously great. I was contemplating showing her fiance some saved text messages that she has sent me over the past year (pics of herself, "i love you", i miss u baby, etc all that kinda stuff) but you know I figure let him figure it out for himself....she is no longer worth my time...right? Or would you guys feel compelled to show him? Thanks again!

act of desperation right there...