+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My brain is bugged!! I can't take compliments from my girlfriend :(:(?

My brain is bugged!! I can't take compliments from my girlfriend :(:(?

This is the problem...everytime she makes me a compliment I just can't take it and I feel strange emotions. I know it's not normal and it's kind of psycho but it is because she had around 15 partners before me and 3 serious realtionships. The thing is that whatever compliments she makes on me she already made it to another one, thus I don't feel special and the 1st one What does it matter if she says that my penis is big when she said it around 48 times to different persons, or that I am beautiful, or humours, or strong, or romantic, or senstiive. She said every single compliment around 50 times to other guys. How can I feel special !?!?! I don't need compliments at all Damn it Please help me, how can I fix and rewire my brain to take compliments...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why the f*ck are you with her if she makes you feel miserable exactly when you should be feeling good about yourself?

You need to discuss with her if possible, know the reason why she like to do this indirectly, for example by asking her close friends.
    You will know what you can fix it when you know the reason.
    If she is just unconscious when doing this, or she feels happy when saying this, or she just is showing off by talking your advantages before others. You can talk with her heart to heart, tell her what you want and what you dislike.
    I think she will understand you and correct herself if she loves you.
    Just do it!

Find somebody whose past doesn't bother you.

your brain can't get round the fact that she is more experienced than you, hence why you think that her complements are disingenuous. Relax man, words are words, if you want her to say something new to you, buy her a book of synonyms

PIITP! lol...Do something with her that she hasn't done with other guys..that way you'll feel like you've accomplished something on your own and you won't have to think about what she said/did with other guys.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Your girlfriend may have had lots of men in the past... but that is exactly what it is.... Past.

You are the person she is with now, surely that should make you feel good.

Try not to beat yourself up about it hun otherwise it will only continue to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    Your girlfriend may have had lots of men in the past... but that is exactly what it is.... Past.

You are the person she is with now, surely that should make you feel good.

Try not to beat yourself up about it hun otherwise it will only continue to get worse.
    Nope, it is not past.

It tells exactly what kind of person she is. Can't keep relationships, can't stay on the spot.
    Don't expect anything.

What Frasbee said. Why are you with someone who makes you feel unhappy?

That's not going to last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You sound like an insecure, whiny little bundle of PMS, gen66. You don't have to do anything. Just keep on as you have been and she'll dump you- problem solved.

Harsh? Hell, yes. Wrong? Hell, no.
    Spammer Spanker

Why take the compliments? Just say a disconcerted 'yeah'... and move on. They're a bunch of B.S. anyway, according to you. I don't think a compliment is necessarily a positive. They can be used in a manipulative way ..

Look, she's been around the block so many times there's a groove i the sidewalk. Take it for what it is--a good lay. Unless she's seriously reformed, she ain't playing for keeps. Neither should you. There's girls you marry and girls you meet along the way.