+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how does a guy show it when he likes a girl?

how does a guy show it when he likes a girl?

are they tend to be shy about it or will always wants to be in communications?

i know of a guy that eventually had a girl going crazy over him. i know about this from a friend. i know that they are not in any relationship. but whenever i try to ask him about that girl, he tend to change the topic or advoid the topic. so what does that means?

Most guys are more direct. They have to be since a lot of women won't ask the guys out. Guys will be really flirty, touchy, and try to go out of their way to do things for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diara View Post
    Guy: "After talking to you.., and getting to spend time with you.., and just getting to know you.., I think i'm starting to really like you"

It can get very tricky for girls trying to "test" to see if a guy likes them or not.., and that's because most guys were raised to conform to a positive image.., "gentleman/nice guy/good boy"

So.., there are women out there who will watch the guy do the following things.., and think "he likes me":

- Hold the door open
    - Not be rude
    - Be polite
    - Adhere to the "gentleman" definition (ie. offer to pay for dinner/lunch)

Here are however some things that give much more valuable information.., because not too many guys would do these for women they were not interested in:

- Buys you a high-priced item $100+ for your birthday or other event
    - Goes out of his way (really out of his way) to do something for you

As far as differences between types:

- Egotistical guy: Incompetent flirting (overtly sexual).., very touchy
    - Secure & Confident: Competent flirting.., casual touching
    - Low Self-esteem: incompetent flirting (overt complements).., no touching

are they tend to be shy about it or will always wants to be in communications?
    It depends on the guy.., (not to imply that there are a billion different types.., but there are at the very least.., 3 very different types)

i know of a guy that eventually had a girl going crazy over him. i know about this from a friend. i know that they are not in any relationship. but whenever i try to ask him about that girl, he tend to change the topic or avoid the topic. so what does that means?
    That means that he's not completely socially clueless.., he is very aware of the fact that saying this information to a friend.., can come back to hurt him if the girl doesn't feel the same way.., and might:

- not know that this girl feels this way about him.. (hasn't picked up on the fact)
    - knows that she likes him.., but doesn't care.., just wants to have her as part of his fan-club of girls who are crazy about him
    - know that she likes him.., but doesn't like her.., and doesn't want the news to travel.., because he doesn't want to make her feel bad

Best

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Here are however some things that give much more valuable information.., because not too many guys would do these for women they were not interested in:

- Buys you a high-priced item $100+ for your birthday or other event
    - Goes out of his way (really out of his way) to do something for you
    ok, I'm kinda scared now. No wonder my friends raised their eyebrows when I told them one my guyfriend got me expensive gifts. I dunno. Maybe some guys just have a generous nature and feels good about giving other people gifts.

p.s. there is no way my guyfriend would have feelings for me because we both feel extremely comfortable talking about other guys and girls.

Unless a guy has known a girl for a really long time and they are extremely close friends, he isn't going to buy her expensive gifts all the time unless he has a crush.

I ask girls out, and dress nicely. They know it right away.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Unless a guy has known a girl for a really long time and they are extremely close friends, he isn't going to buy her expensive gifts all the time unless he has a crush.
    A guy who knows a girl for a long time & is extremely close, and who is buying her expensive gifts definitely counts as 'liking the girl'. There's no 'unless'. The only reason he hasn't made a romantic move is that there is some reason blocking him from doing so.

Just wanting to be clear that this behaviour definitely constitutes 'like' and probably then some.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    p.s. there is no way my guyfriend would have feelings for me because we both feel extremely comfortable talking about other guys and girls.
    LoL

In my senior year of high school my best friend and I were like this - we'd talk very openly about the guys & girls in our lives even though we were crazy about each other. (took us awhile to get together)

Tedel Guest
    mm... I cannot answer for all the guys in the world, but when I like a girl, I start playing with her, making her laugh and then I show my interest with one of those strong seductive looks I have. If she feels shocked, then I make her laugh again. If she smiles back, then I start making her laugh with sexier jokes.

Does this help?

Now, if that guys evades the topic, then it might mean two things: either he's ashamed because you noticed that other girl; or maybe he still has something with that other girl. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A guy who knows a girl for a long time & is extremely close, and who is buying her expensive gifts definitely counts as 'liking the girl'. There's no 'unless'. The only reason he hasn't made a romantic move is that there is some reason blocking him from doing so.

Just wanting to be clear that this behaviour definitely constitutes 'like' and probably then some.
    Totally agree. I've come to realize that every guy who I thought was just a generous friend actually liked me (confessed) and I had to cut contact. It's sad and true. I'm honored that they like me and are willing to give me gifts, but it's terrible that they do it even when they know I'm taken.

hmm. i do agree on this discussion, and now the fact is. HE SAYS IAM BETTER THAN THAT GIRL. so now what?

Now what? Is it because you were too nosey or wanted to solve someone elses problems?
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

I'm not talking about expensive gifts that are $1,000. Even gifts that are around $200 are expensive in my opinion. And no, they don't have to like the girl just because they are close. If they grew up together, they could be close friends and it doesn't mean the guy wants a romantic relationship with her. He might just feel like spending $100 or $200 on a gift for her for her birthday or something.

yeah. this topic turns out to be very interesting. i read all the replies and understood it. but somehow every girl will just love gift. its their bestfriend. ive never received any really special gifts yet. iam lookig frward for it actually but i know that money isnt that reall everything. its the love. iam like loving him more and more as time goes by.

Most guys will tease and flirt with you if they like you. However, in some instances when a guy REALLY likes a girl.. he will get embarrassed about her. It all depends on the age of the person too. Younger guys are generally less confident.
    your boyfriend thinks I'm hot