+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting again with an ex

Starting again with an ex

My ex and I broke up 2 months ago, we lived together too soon and it got too much for us and we started fighting over silly shit all the time. The relationship ended amicably. Then a couple days later she came over and said instead of breaking it off why don't we just have some time apart for few months because she loves me and misses me. I agreed because I missed her too.
    She also has a 3 yo son and he really misses me so I take him out every now and then.
    My question is lately she has been asking me to stay for dinner when I drop her son off and the other day I looking after him and she rocked and cooked dinner for me and stayed for long time after dinner. We don't talk about the past just keep it light and casual but every now and then laugh about a silly fight we had. She is very interested in my life, like where I went on the weekend who I was with ect.
    My question is, is she testing the waters and considering getting back with me? I would like to start again with her and am not sure how to go about this.
    Do I ask her out on a casual date or suggest that we should go do something as a family?

Just go out and be friends for awhile (as in months) Take things VERY slowly....just the 2 of you at first.

I say tread very lightly and keep doing what you're doing. Keep it light and fun, no pressure. But, to make sure you don't get in the "friend zone", give her clues that you want more eventually. Let your hugs linger with her, compliment her, basically treat it like the first few stages of a relationship. Call her, wish her a nice day, ask her to call you back and talk to her. Baby steps!