+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I admitted to my friend that I am in love with her...

I admitted to my friend that I am in love with her...

...and she messaged me back. To say the least, I am PETRIFIED to read the message from her. Everytime I see the red message box on Facebook, my stomach drops and my palms start to sweat. I just can't bring myself to open and read the message and she sent it to me two days ago!!

I want to read it but at the same time, I'm scared of what she might have to say!

What should I do?????

Agh, Lord, give me strength.

Take a deep breath, or a few, and open it, you're going to cause yourself more stress not knowing. The sooner you know, the sooner you can react, good or bad.

Well I opened the message from her and said that she appreciates me telling her how I feel and that it would have been wrong for us to hang out knowing I felt this way towards her while she had a boyfriend. She said this is just how things turned out for her and said that she'll always be my friend and be there for me. She said to keep in touch with her. She also said I've been a great friend and that she'll always cherish our memories together.

I'm surprised because I thought she'd be upset or delete as a friend from Facebook. I do feel a little relieved but I don't feel any better, if that makes any sense. I actually miss her more now.

Oh good now that you know she only sees you as a male girlfriend, you can take the necessary steps to go no contact and to learn the lesson that you shouldn't be a girl you find attractive friend but simply ask her out on a date and if she tells you "no" then you shouldn't have anything else to do with her.

Hoooray... now that you know you were just her girlfriend with dangly bits, you can wash that girl right outta your hair FOR GOOD.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well, I won't put it quite eloquently as Wakeup, but I must agree. LOL! First off, the fact that you felt compelled to tell her you love her despite her having a boyfriend already should be enough to tell you that maybe you need to move on. Had you come to us saying you thought you were in love with a girl but she had a boyfriend, I would have suggested you end the friendship and move on, because it is not right to mess with somebody's relationship.

Unfortunately, you came to us AFTER already confessing your feelings to her. You are lucky enough, though, that she took it well. She obviously cares about you. The best thing you can do, for her and for yourself, is to just move on. I'd recommend telling her that you truly appreciate your friendship, but that the right thing for you both is to go no contact. Otherwise, you are just going to keep yourself stuck just hoping she will become single someday.

Unlike some people seem to think, I don't agree that men and women cannot be friends. However, I would say there is no doubt that they cannot be friends when one of them really wants to be more and the other does not. I don't think that ever works out well.

I was actually surprised that she took it so well too. I thought she'd be upset, delete me as a friend and never want to talk to me again. I also worded the message in a way that we should probably depart but she didn't seem to think we should.

I don't know if she does or doesn't love me back. She did tell me a couple of times that she loved me but that happened a long time. However, she didn't say that she doesn't feel the same way about me back nor did she hint at it. But we didn't end up married together so maybe not.

We actually we're boyfriend and girlfriend from the third grade to the tenth grade, when we grew apart.

We're still friends on Facebook but I unfollowed her because everything she posted on Facebook was about her and her husband. It made me feel jealous and my stomach turn. He does seem like a nice guy and kind of reminds me of myself to tell you the truth. It feels like I'm him only I'm not and I'm watching how things could have been between she and I if only I'd told her sooner. It was only five months ago, that I had my chance to get her. Then she met this guy, got engaged to him and married him the week after all within a two month period. They've been married two months now, and have known each other for four months. It was just last week that I found out they got married back in July. Her aunt told me. All this time, I thought they were just engaged. It's weird because my friend never told me they were married, she only kept referring to him as her "boyfriend", not her "husband".

I am starting to move on though. I've been thinking about her less and less, and have just been trying to accept things for what they are. I guess this is God's way of telling me to speak up.

But hey, that's life.
    Last edited by FloridaCracker; 05-09-14 at 05:38 PM.