+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, am I really an asshole?

Ladies, am I really an asshole?

Ok so this girl of who i'm not really seeing (I guess i'll call her a close friend to make a long story short) called me a few days ago in the morning to say she had been in an accident. I was very concerned about her and I did all these things to help her out. I called her brother to ask him to give her a ride because her phone was damaged, I spent pretty much the whole day with her, I went to the hospital with her and sat and waited with her and for her... I mean all kinds of things. So, her car was totalled, but in terms of injuries it was pretty much some scrapes and bruises. Whip lash, a sprained wrist, some scratches/soreness etc.. but nothing major. So.... I had a few things in this car, so a few days later after I knew she was ok I asked her what had happened to my GPS... And I didn't say it in such a way that I was angry about it or that it mattered that much (although it was $250 and I had just bought it 1 day prior to her accident) and she was furious with me for asking that question. She said that she could've lost her life and all I'd care about was the GPS... and that i'm an asshole for asking about it this soon (3 days after the accident).. AND she knew that I needed that GPS for a 14 hour trip i'm making this coming week, which is the only reason I even asked at all. So am I really that bad for asking?
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. If it were me in the accident and you were the good friend I could call to come help me and sit by my side, etc., I'd have been concerned about your GPS to begin with. I would have tried to get to my car or made calls to whoever towed it to make sure I got whatever stuff was in my car, back, definitely including your high dollar GPS that you were so nice to have loaned to me. Some people are just ungrateful and selfish human beings. Don't let this poor experience detour you from being nice to someone again. If you don't get it back, make sure she reports it to her insurance company so you are reimbursed.

Honestly, I don't even know how she managed to make me feel bad when I put in so much effort towards making sure she was ok. Sitting with her for hours while she cried, getting her to eat and stuff... and then as soon as I make mention of my GPS she acts like i'm some kind of uncaring heartless human being. I just don't get it.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

where the fck is the gps?

that is pretty fcked up actually. you went to the hospital. you did your bit. now where the fck is the gps? not that it ultimately matters in ones life but it's now an indication of how either disrespectuful she is or how there is another agenda to screw you. how long do you actually know this girl? guilt games don't work with me. never let a strange fcker work them on you

also why did she have your gps in the first place?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 03-10-09 at 03:51 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Well... it's an ex gf so that probably makes the story make more sense.

well there is still a begging question. where the fck is it? and why the fck is it such a big fckin deal to ask? screw her, stay a million miles away from her. take it as a loss and never go near her again. anyway why would you be a doormat for anyone especially someone like an ex who quite clearly is just using you?

i'm actually quite angry for you, i want to slap her into a wheelchair. i have a feeling i know the background story to this one not that it actually had bearing on my immediate reaction. this is the girl that has a guy right? if so she a pig and should be avoided at all costs because she will eat you alive
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 03-10-09 at 04:02 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

No idea where it is... However her laptop, phone, etc... everything of hers was recovered out of that car... I never actually saw the car myself but she said the glove compartment where my GPS was got crushed and therefore she couldn't remove it. Again heresay since I didn't actually see the car myself.

run away mate

She sounds like a real piece of work. I'd try to find out where the car is and see if you can get ahold of your GPS yourself. If not, let the insurance company know. In either case, I'd add her to my ex friend list as well. With friends like that, you sure don't need enemies! Yikes.