+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?

Hiya

Me and my girlfriend of 6 months have been going through a rough patch lately. Basically she's been telling me lies about her past, and been texting guys behind my back. She swears she loves me, and I love her too ( I know what real love is before ya's start).

When I discovered what shes been doing she swore to tell me the truth about everything and anything from now on. She's stop texting these guys, and told me the 'truth' about her past (or as much I want to know anyway!)

But here lies the problem, she's since told me a few white lies. Most guys messaging her on facebook etc, and she deletes them straight away. I know that itself is pathetic for me to be annoyed, but when shes sworn to tell me EVERYTHING, am I wrong to be pissed and be sooo close to dumping her.

Incase your wondering, she said she'd tell me everything, no matter how small, and even said 'I'll even tell you if some private messages on facebook etc'.

FFS Im annoyed and feel totally cheated AGAIN! (but this girl is amazing otherwise)

You sound insecure and controlling. Not that your lack of trust for her is entirely baseless, but I can't see that she's done anything to betray her promise to you at this point. My GF gets hit on by people on FB all the time and "deletes them straightaway". Now and then she mentions it. Most often she doesn't. Because there's nothing to mention. It's like mentioning that you emptied your email spam folder today. So what??

If you keep this up she'll just resent you and your concerns will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thank you azilin.

My point is though, she's supposed to be regainning my trust and being completely open and honest with me. If shes incapable of telling me the small things - which she said she would - how can I trust her to tell me the bigger things.

She keeps going back on the things she said she'd do and that bothers me, no matter how insignificant these things are. If I promise to do something, I always do it whole heartedly.