+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't stop thinking about her

I can't stop thinking about her

Ok, so I met this foreign exchange student girl from Germany. I live in Canada, so it's pretty far. She is friends with my parent's best friends daughter. (I know it might be a bit hard to understand), and that's how we met. I never believed in love at first sight before I met her. It is now mid-May and she leaves Canada in juin to go back to Germany. I can't stop thinking about her. It was a pretty short visit, so I didn't see her a lot that evening. She is 17 and I will be 16 in juin. I think she might like me too. We made a lot of eye contact and we always smiled at each other. I was so happy when she talked to me. She was interested in knowing a bit about me. ME! She asked me a bit about school and I was ecstatic. I don't know what it is about her. The fact that she's foreign and talks slowly in french and is pretty silent might be it, I don't know, but foreign girls are cute and hot in a mysterious kind of distant way for me. I am truly in love, and day and night I think about her. My greatest fear is she will leave Canada without us ever seeing each other before she leaves in a month or so. Please give me advice on how to cope with this... Please... It is not even a physical attraction, even though I find her very attractive. That's how strong I feel about her.

McGee

Honestly, she isn't going to be your one true love. The odds of a long distance relationship working at your age across the big pond are extremely low. On the other hand you need to pursue at least a date. You can't be scared of what people will say and what she will say. You'll never know whether she likes you if you don't ask her out. You are better off going on a group date. Find a group of friends and invite her.

Thank you for your fast response. Still, I would need to meet her again to ask her out, and her foreing-exchange parents are complete bastards. Even if its not a date, if i can just see her for one day, it would be so awesome. Thanks again, but some how I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about any girl ever again...

You'll never know unless you ask her to hang out with you. You don't need to pass up this opportunity. Also, you don't want your first hangout to be by yourselves. Ask her to go bowling with your friends. It would be a lot more fun hanging out with her and a group of your friends.. Her exchange parents will want what is best for her. Hanging out with a good group of Canadians is the best thing for her. As long as you are a good guy you have nothing to worry about. If you don't like her host parents find another way to ask her out. Your best option is to invite your parent's best friends' daughter and get her to invite the German exchange student.

Thank you again 23mako. I'll do my best to do something with her.