+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont know what to do

Dont know what to do

Iv been with my boyfriend for just over a year now. Im 20 and hes 21. I met him at my last job, it was just an inbetween job at my dads work. Im sorry if i start rambling now, but i need to explain everything.
    We moved to London together after being together for 6 months because his sister and her boyfriend were moving flats and it was convienient. We both eventually wanted to move here, but it happened far to quickly for comfort for me. But like i said it was for convienience.
    Because of it we have, for me, got far to involved far to quickly. Iv known for a long time that my boyfriend, i think, loves me more than i love him, as horrible as it sounds, and im now starting to worry that Im saying things like 'i love you' because he says it and expects to hear it back, instead of because i feel that way.
    The other night i worked myself up because i decided i wanted to break up with him (im not sure if i do now) and was getting panicy because i feel I cant get out of the relationship. Firstly because we rent a place with his sister and my brother, so am in a contract with paying the rent. Also he works with my dad so it would make that awquard. Also he has helped me out financially a lot since we move down.
    He often says to me he wants to be with me forever, and that im the 'one' and im so scared of breaking his heart, when im not even sure what I want from this. All I know is I feel like Im too young to be feeling trapped in a realtionship like this.

Sadly this is what happens when people make two critical errors.

1. Wrapping their lives together, too quickly
    2. Aren't completely honest

Really it seems like you have only a couple options that I see. You can explain to him how you feeling about everything. Which doesn't necessarily mean you have to leave him, but you must tell him EVERYTHING. This risks you having to go through a difficult life transition/breakup. Or you can continue living a lie, and possibly be miserable.

So, you must ask yourself which is more important to you. Security, or Freedom.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.