+ Follow This Topic

Thread: did i get stood up?

did i get stood up?

so i asked a girl to see a movie with me Friday night(shes says thatd be cool). I text her friday afternoon asking if shes still up for a movie, and my phone screwed up and didnt send the first text(i think), so 3 hours later i send it again she says shell be out of town and be back Saturday(i knew she had some out of town thing but wasnt sure it was this weekend, so i was fine and she forgot about it when she said yep when i asked.) I tell her to give me a text when shes back in and free and she says she will, shell talk to me then. I never get a text Saturday.

So i figured my phone just screwed up again and didnt get the text(does it quite a bit). But i didnt feel comfortable texting her and asking her bout it, since i told her to text me.

im wonderin if i should bring it up next time i see her, or just see if she wants to go the next weekend, or let her make the next move?

im pretty sure shes not disinterested in me because she will initiate most conversations in class or when we see each other(i basically ignore everyone in class so i can pay attention, and shes the one who feels the need to talk to me), but i will do all the inviting to do things(movies, run, etc).

probably not, doesnt sound like it. Next time u see her try and arrange a new day for the coming weekend, if she still avoids it, then u got stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    probably not, doesnt sound like it. Next time u see her try and arrange a new day for the coming weekend, if she still avoids it, then u got stood up.
    so should i bring it up at all, or ask her bout the weekend and see if she says anything bout it?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stop using a text message to set up dates, especially if it is unreliable. Honestly, I can't believe you need to be told this.

Just start from scratch by asking her out on a date. Give her a day and time. CALL her the night before to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Stop using a text message to set up dates, especially if it is unreliable. Honestly, I can't believe you need to be told this.

Just start from scratch by asking her out on a date. Give her a day and time. CALL her the night before to confirm.
    i ask her in person if she wanted to see the movie(wednesday), i only texted to see if she was still up for it the day of(Friday), so your sayin i should call her to confirm instead of text?

Quote Originally Posted by rateyes View Post
    i ask her in person if she wanted to see the movie(wednesday), i only texted to see if she was still up for it the day of(Friday), so your sayin i should call her to confirm instead of text?
    dear god yes. CALL the girl then there will be no confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    dear god yes. CALL the girl then there will be no confusion.
    the only confusion is she didnt say anything Saturday. but ill start calling...just gotta figure out the girls class schedule then so i dont get em in trouble.

good idea. know the right time to call her.

calling is much more personal. if you get nervous and say something stupid its adorable too and gives you guys something to laugh about. Though it sounds like youre pretty comfortable talking to her.

I had a voicemail saved of when my current first boyfriend asked me on a date on the phone and he stumbled all over his words and when he went to hang up he said "f*ck!!!!!!!" it was so freaking adorable ;P

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    good idea. know the right time to call her.

calling is much more personal. if you get nervous and say something stupid its adorable too and gives you guys something to laugh about. Though it sounds like youre pretty comfortable talking to her.

I had a voicemail saved of when my current first boyfriend asked me on a date on the phone and he stumbled all over his words and when he went to hang up he said "f*ck!!!!!!!" it was so freaking adorable ;P
    lmao i literally busted out laughing IRL...when i ask for dates i do it in person(I dont make that initial msitake), i just tend to text to follow up...guess ill learn.

he asked me out in person at first then to set up a date he called and asked to call him back to confirm our date. Well.. he tried. A for effort.

we've been dating for a year and a half so he couldnt have done all that wrong

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    CALL CALL CALL! Jesus.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    CALL CALL CALL! Jesus.
    haha i get it now

calling is the golden grail for girls.