+ Follow This Topic

Thread: do you think i am clingy?

do you think i am clingy?

I have had problems in the past in coming off as clingy so could you help me see if I am with my current girlfriend

TEXTING:

We text a bit but not a whole lot. I never send the same text twice if she doesnt reply. I dont try to carry on meaningless conversations. She texts first more than me

Calling:

I call maybe once a day. She tends to call more. I would rather calll then text. If she doesnt answer I let her clal back unless its an emergency to which i text "hey its urgent"

Being together:

We see each other alot but again she initiates alot of the hanging out. I do to, but not all the time

SO do you think I am clingy? When we split up I hug her kiss her and we say our good byes. i never get mad when she leaves

Jerry, is your girlfriend telling you that she's unhappy with you? If not, then chill out.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Trouble in paradise? Did she just ask for a break because she said you were smothering her?

it doesnt sound like your being clingy at all.. did she say something?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Trouble in paradise? Did she just ask for a break because she said you were smothering her?
    no. i was just wondering if i am. have had problems before with ex's

Well, unless you are downplaying how often you contact her, and as long as your messages aren't similar to:

" WHY YOU NO WAN B WITH ME? :*****( "

then you should be okay. I guess the question is, do you find that you are contacting her more than previously when you were "clingy" or less?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    Well, unless you are downplaying how often you contact her, and as long as your messages aren't similar to:

" WHY YOU NO WAN B WITH ME? :*****( "

then you should be okay. I guess the question is, do you find that you are contacting her more than previously when you were "clingy" or less?
    no i dont text that lol. for example yesterday i called her and she didnt pick up and she called me back 5 hours later.i wasnt texting her aksing what she was doing or anything. so i feel that is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysays View Post
    no i dont text that lol. for example yesterday i called her and she didnt pick up and she called me back 5 hours later.i wasnt texting her aksing what she was doing or anything. so i feel that is a good thing
    No, you're good then. I was just asking if you think you text and call this girl MORE than you texted and called the girls before who said you were "clingy". If its about the same amount then perhaps the girls before were just jerks.

At times I would call and text many multiple times throughout the day just to check and see what (the girl) is doing. As long as its mutual and the conversation is amicable and not forced, then there isn't often a limit on how often you can converse with your significant other.

You cross the line when texts and calls seem a little more aggressive, or when the person receiving them doesn't want to be bothered as much. If you aren't getting decent responses from your mate, then perhaps backing off a little is a good idea. If you are getting bad or mean responses from your mate, then a new mate ye should find.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysays View Post
    no. i was just wondering if i am. have had problems before with ex's
    They are you exes because they were wrong for you.