+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want FUNK? - My new site launched

Want FUNK? - My new site launched

Ok so I launched yesterday my new design portfolio and "brand" name -

Check it out, has examples of some sort the work I've done and my "sense of style"

I work as a graphic designer, freelance basis -

[url]www.fu-nk.com[/url]

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, it shows you have skill, but your site also lacks professionalism (pink hearts? Are you emo?). Just a tip.

You should design Zarathus website.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Yeah, it shows you have skill, but your site also lacks professionalism (pink hearts? Are you emo?). Just a tip.
    That's the problem - people like you who are NOT creative have a narrow mind as to what is "Professional"

In the land of design, there is no such thing as "Professional" look...period

As for Emo, no I am not - but I do have a big thing for sexy girls with piercings and tats

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian
    You should design Zarathus website.
    My design looks incredibly kickass, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scr33n-raider
    That's the problem - people like you who are NOT creative have a narrow mind as to what is "Professional"
    Hah! If a narrow mind consists of having enough intellect to state that whores with tattoos and clit-piercings is adverse to "professional," I'm completely fine with it.

In the land of design, there is no such thing as "Professional" look...period
    You are full of shit.

My design looks incredibly kickass, thank you.

Hah! If a narrow mind consists of having enough intellect to state that whores with tattoos and clit-piercings is adverse to "professional," I'm completely fine with it.

You are full of shit.
    HAhaha full of shit huh? You don't know anything, you can't design for shit, just continue doing whatever you do - making pointless replies to people's posts on forums - Don't try too hard man lol

Screen- it's a good start. I think everything you've got there is slick. Now you need to flesh it out- it's too sparse.
    Spammer Spanker

King Zarathu Guest
    HAhaha full of shit huh? You don't know anything, you can't design for shit, just continue doing whatever you do - making pointless replies to people's posts on forums - Don't try too hard man lol
    I'm sure your code looks as coherent as your sentence structure.

Code:
    <!-- NO DOCTYPE 4 U LOL -->

<HtMl> <HEAd> <titLE> LOL</title>
    	</head>

<bOdy bgcOloR =    "#fFfFff" > <P> <!-- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 	--> roFFlE COTPTER</p>
     </BOdY> </hTmL>

<!-- KEKEKEKEKEK I USE TABLES INSTEAD OF CSS ROFL -->

True story:

In the game, the song is supposedly written by Julia Heartilly, a pianist who is the love interest of Laguna Loire. She has a conversation with Laguna which assumedly inspires her to write and perform this song.

Accompanied by his close friends Kiros Seagill and Ward Zabac, Laguna often visits a hotel lounge in Deling City in Galbadia where Julia performs piano and sings. Laguna always sits at a table around the corner facing Julia, shyly gazing her with much admiration, thus the lyrics:

"I saw you smiling at me
    Was it real or just my fantasy?
    You'd always be there in the corner
    Of this tiny little bar"

One night after Laguna's usual visit and his failed attempts to initiate talks with Julia due to his intense shyness and nervousness, much to his surprise, Julia invited him to her hotel room where they had a pleasant conversation. Not until much later did they know that this was their last meet, as Laguna soon went on a mission to Esthar but probably got lost in Lunatic Pandora facility thanks to his usual clumsiness. This led to serious injury of his body that took half a year to recover, nursed by Raine and Ellone in a peaceful small village. Not knowing this, Julia broke her heart mistaking him for being killed in the mission. She eventually married General Caraway and gave birth to Rinoa Heartilly. Unwilling to disturb Julia's then assumed happy family, Laguna decided not to reappear in front of her. Julia later died in an automobile accident when Rinoa was 5 years old. Julia and Laguna's last encounter at the hotel probably inspired her the lyrics:

"My last night here for you
    Same old songs, just once more
    My last night here with you?
    Maybe yes, maybe no
    I kind of liked it your way
    How you shyly placed your eyes on me
    Oh, did you ever know
    That I had mine on you?"

Chronologically later in the game, the song becomes the reflection of the unfolding love story between the two protagonists, Squall Leonhart (heavily hinted but not stated outright as Laguna's son), and Rinoa Heartilly (Julia's daughter). The song is heard repeatedly throughout the game as various remixes though no lyrics are heard. Its full version can be heard during Squall's and Rinoa's lonely moment at the Ragnarok Airships.

Julias song:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocdLRZqICE[/url]
    Last edited by Kiechi; 24-11-06 at 05:00 AM.

That was stunning E.

Scr33n, GB is right, to the normal users eye it looks good but feels empty also not all that diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerup View Post
    That was stunning E.
    Ha, I did it to try and diffuse the situation, but I'm glad you liked it.

I'm sure your code looks as coherent as your sentence structure.

Code:
    <!-- NO DOCTYPE 4 U LOL -->

<HtMl> <HEAd> <titLE> LOL</title>
    	</head>

<bOdy bgcOloR =    "#fFfFff" > <P> <!-- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 	--> roFFlE COTPTER</p>
     </BOdY> </hTmL>

<!-- KEKEKEKEKEK I USE TABLES INSTEAD OF CSS ROFL -->
    Sorry man, I'm not a coder geek type who looks at numbers and codes -

more a graphic designer

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Screen- it's a good start. I think everything you've got there is slick. Now you need to flesh it out- it's too sparse.
    Sparse - Hmm I didn't want it too busy but I agree - Santa Fe? Nice, loads of hot girls huh? lol

scr33n - I agree with Zarathu on that the site does not look professional. I understand your point on that you can not define what is professional in the graphic design world, but if I was looking for a graphic design person, I would pass you up even tho your work is not that bad. Becuae looking at your site at a glance looks like its a punk rock site or a site for 70's music or something. Not a site for a graphic designer.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    scr33n - I agree with Zarathu on that the site does not look professional. I understand your point on that you can not define what is professional in the graphic design world, but if I was looking for a graphic design person, I would pass you up even tho your work is not that bad. Becuae looking at your site at a glance looks like its a punk rock site or a site for 70's music or something. Not a site for a graphic designer.
    See! I'm not the only one.

Scr33n-raider: I wasn't trying to be a dick to you, I was just offering my genuine opinion and advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast