+ Follow This Topic

Thread: finding a place

finding a place

I'm in a great relationship with my girlfriend. It's been about a month and a half (and before that we were friends for about 2 years), and we have gone out more than several times.

The problem, however, is that we're both really shy. We don't want to kiss in public, but there seems not to be any place we can be really alone together.

I'm 17 and she's 16 and neither of us drives. It's also a problem that it is currently the winter--that rules out the entire outdoor kingdom. Her house is a no-go as is mine (at least for the purpose I have in mind).

Any suggestions for ways we can be alone?

Many thanks

If both of you attend the same school, then I would start there as its the easiest and most accessible. During break/lunch, spend some time and go wandering off together maybe you'll find a secluded place. Just dont stay there for too long And if you cant play outside, then how about the movie theater? Its not really private, but at least its dark

Thanks for the reply. Our first kiss was actually in a theater, but with homework (it's nearing the end of the semester) we don't get to do that often.
    I guess we'll just be patient and take what opportunities come along, unless someone has an ingenious idea that we haven't yet thought of...

Is there any way you can talk to your parents (or hers) and try to set up dinner or studying at one of your homes? If its a trust issue maybe they will start to give you some alone time, as in letting you watch movies in the livingroom when they're home but not in the room with you two.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

It's not a trust issue. It's a logistics issue. We're both responsible people and I imagine that our parents would be fine with leaving us alone.
    I imagine it would also be good for me to get to know her dad. I think I will try to set up dinner with her family.
    Thanks

back in highschool my GF and I used to meet up at a bathroom during her PE and then find a secluded spot for a couple of minutes to make out. Just try not to cheapen it by going to a bathroom stall or anything, though we did that too...