+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoning

Phoning

Hello!

Do you phone often to people? Why do you call to your friends? What do you talk about?

i have friends, and a girlfriend, a brother, a mother. And, I still don't want to phone them. My date bothers me all the time with phone, today I just didn't answer. WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT ON PHONE????
    "Hi how is it going etc etc, chitchat..." and... is there something more than this uninteresting blabla? Should people report always what are they doing? Why?

Clearly, I am not a phone person, I like face to face, and even then i am better off just looking at things. I like to see.
    Last edited by boobaa; 13-05-09 at 10:28 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

I don't call anyone often - maybe short calls to my father to ask how he is doing. Then catch up when I get home. With friends, maybe once a week cause we meet up every other day.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i call my friends and family everyday just to see how they are doing. even if it's only for 30 seconds. sometimes just a phone call can mean so much to the other person, knowing that someone cares and remembers you. it can turn your whole day upside down.
    Yeah girl,I know what You mean. phoen calls are very important especially when Your familly and friends are far away .But also when they are 5 km from You. It`s just simply nice to hear someone`s voice when You care about him/her and vice versa
    I wazzzz here

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that older people (my age i guess) appreciate human contact more than the young ones. there's so much going on in our lives that we have a need to share almost on a daily basis. especially when someone is feeling down a phone call can channel someone else's vibrant energy and cheer you up.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

When I am feeling down, I don't want to be bothered.
    Don't expect anything.

I don't like to talk on the phone, either. I use an average of 20 minutes per month. I don't like text messages either. I prefer person-to-person as well.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    When I am feeling down, I don't want to be bothered.
    You could always try telling her what my son used to tell girls that wanted to talk on the phone to him... "boys don't sit around chatting on the phone. That's what girls do."

Personally, I think if you are feeling stifled, you should use the phone primarily to see if she wants to get together and to cement plans.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sonrisa I`m still 19
    But yeah I also prefer person to person but what if I have everybody houndreds of km from me? There is no way ... I call my family once per few days but we can talk 1 or 2 hours ,and we still have topics to talk about...
    I wazzzz here

Like what topics?

Girls and their needs of speech...
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i usually talk about plans for the weekend. or share if something happened that might interest them.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women, like to vent, often.

They don't care so much for a solution to their problems as much as they enjoy gabbing about the fact that they have them.

That's why many couples rub each other the wrong way and don't know it.

Woman will have a bad day and try to talk to Man about it, but man will try to dig to the real cause of the problem then try to dismiss her emotional response to it and offer a solution instead. Woman, not understanding he's really trying to help will get frustrated and claim that he never "listens" to her, and/or is always dismissing her feelings.

This is, assuming she doesn't just stop altogether in her frustration and despite being extremely upset say "nothing", when he asks what's bothering her. And Man, being straightforward, will either believe what she says is true, or assume that even if something is bothering her, assume that like he, she would rather be left alone at the moment. So when Man walks off (content with the idea that at least he tried), she'll only grow more upset and resentful of the fact Man didn't pry, listen, and coddle her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow, you summed it up just right, man.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    wow, you summed it up just right, man.
    Of course, I'm a pro.

I can't stand long phone calls. With anyone. It's either face to face or email.

Fras, good description of the problem. Yeh, I know women who can vent for hours and you need to listen to them and give positive emotional responses, then they will be in love with you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Like what topics?

Girls and their needs of speech...

Women stayed in the cave... with a bunch of other women... it got boring talking about the same old thing everyday... so I guess our brains evolved a tolerance to talking about the same old stuff over and over again...

I wouldn't be surprised if women are less inclined to develop cabin fever than men...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast