+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: talkin on the phone

talkin on the phone

i meet girls all the time like i have no problem talking to them in bars or wherever else the problem comes when its time to call them ... for some reason i can't keep a damn conversation goin with girls on the phone what makes this even more weird is that i did phone sales for nearly 4 years and was very good at it but when it comes to girls i can't talk on the phone which def cost me hook ups and i really don't know how to fix it ... sometimes it will take me like 20 min to just get upto making the call and then nothin lol

any advice?
    Last edited by splus; 29-03-06 at 08:21 AM.

Why do you need to talk to them on the phone? Most girls wouldn't want to sit there chatting to a guy they barely know on the phone anyway (at least I wouldn't) Just keep it short and simple. Ring her up, say Hi it's Joe Blow from the club! Do you wanna meet for drinks on Thursday night? About 8? Cool I'll see you there!". If the phone really scares you that much... just send a text message! My current boyfriend sent me a text message the first few times, and I didn't mind! It made me more comfortable too... coz I had time to think of what to say.

I hate talking on the phone as well. As caramelkiwi said, don't talk just to have a conversation going. If there's nothing more to be said, so be it. Keep it short and simple. And indeed text messages are a good alternative.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

i'm 24 is it like acceptable to text back and forth asking for dates at this point i mean i used to do this with aol instant messenger when i was a teen but now it seems a bit childish doesn't it

I mean phone messaging, not internet messaging. And yeah, I'm 20 and I see no problem with it. In fact, most guys I know message girls they are interested in. At least if she's not interested you don't get straight up rejected. She can just not reply. And if she's shy, it will make it easier for her, too.

There a lot of ways to talk except of phone calls: text messages, e-mail, son on

phone calls are hard to do cause you have to have a quick mind on what to say next. texting, email or even instant messaging gives you a lil more time on what to do next.

I'm in the opposite position. I can say whatever on the phone. The problem i got is i was very scare to start a conversation to a girl that i like. Even, i can't look at her. Man, i don't know what a girl want. Can you guy give me some clues so, i can start talking to girls without embarassing.
    Love is nothing. But Nothing is nothing
    [URL="http://www.rewards2life.com"]www.Rewards2life.com - Online saving, coupons & deals[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.thisisyourip.info"]www.Thisisyourip.info - The fastest IP address checker[/URL]

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    IMO, it's better to talk over the phone than a text message.. That's so impersonable..
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by totalcmd
    I'm in the opposite position. I can say whatever on the phone. The problem i got is i was very scare to start a conversation to a girl that i like. Even, i can't look at her. Man, i don't know what a girl want. Can you guy give me some clues so, i can start talking to girls without embarassing.
    Can you please lower the font on your signature? And ugh...I think that's considered spam! Anyone??

IMO, it's better to talk over the phone than a text message.. That's so impersonable..
    its just harder, thats all but i compensate thru face to face conversations..weird...lol

Omg I hate phones to, I have had so many awkward situations over them. Maybe it's just me but I hate it hate it haite it when it gets all quiet and no one says anything. And I never can make a convo over the phone, it is so much easyer in person.

Omg I hate phones to, I have had so many awkward situations over them. Maybe it's just me but I hate it hate it haite it when it gets all quiet and no one says anything. And I never can make a convo over the phone, it is so much easyer in person.
    i agree.. i'm in the same situation, except i tend to cut the call when the awkward silences come up.

I also agree, phone calls are always awkward! I'd second the idea of sending text messages! Just say hello or something the first few times and it'll be great!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well maybe I'm just different but if someone asked me out over a text message I would not respond to it. Becasue that tells me they are not confident enough to talk to me over the phone or in person and that's a complete turn-off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast