+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expecting me to go to bed the same time as her

Expecting me to go to bed the same time as her

Do all women do this?

I'm on this LDR & she's starting to get a bit controlling. She now wants me to be in bed the same time as her. She thinks staying up too late is bad for my heath. I know she cares for me a lot but I don't like it when someone tells me when I'm suppose to be in bed.

Any advice on this ladies?

Not a lady but tell her that she's not your mother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you lived together, that would be different. She would be wanting the feeling of laying next to you, in your arms, as she falls asleep. It's comforting. It's bonding.

However, you're in a long distance relationship. Either she's afraid you're talking to other girls online while she's lying unawares in bed or she's just a control freak. Either way, it's not good news.

LDRs are bad news.

She has nothing to worry about since she knows I'm not interested in anyone else but her. What I figure is that she thinks it romantic when we both fall asleep together. She won't admit to it, but I'm willing to bet that's what she's thinking.

Women aren't usually reluctant to admit to what they think is romantic. We're all soft and mushy inside. <gag>

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    regardless if you live with her or not... YOU are the one who should be in control of your body, not her.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I have to agree with a statement made above: if she thinks it's romantic she will most likely say it. Do you talk right before you go to bed? Maybe she wants to know that your conversation will be uninterupted if you are going to bed right after. i have to say, i can be a bit high-maintanence myself, but i dont make my bf go to bed at the same time as me, together or apart! maybe the LDR is making her feel a little insecure. we have all been there (those that have been in an LDR). maybe there are other ways you can assure her that you are still commited to her. talk about when you will see each other next, or when the LDR will end (because there should be an end in sight...). her demanding you go to bed may be away that makes her feel better about the LDR? of course, you would know better than all of us. just giving out suggestions!

I agree with "Mountaingirl". A girl needs to feel secure in a relationship and LDR's are tough. How do you show her you love her from far away? It sounds like "doing things together" is how she receives love. Since you aren't together most of the time to do things together then she is creating something you can do together. Maybe you can figure out something else you can do at the same time...watch a TV show or something...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, I never cease to be amazed at the demands women make of their men, and apparently get away with. I should have capitalized on this when I was younger.

is she serious?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Maybe it's so u wont be sleep when you could be spending time with her on the net and phone? Since it's LDR? Either way its flippin stupid and controlling.

Have you ever considered the possibility she's just joking around with you?

I know a few girls I have dated just do it as kinda of a kid around.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her if she wants You to go to bed at the same time as her, You will have to take sleeping pills cause You can`t fall asleep so early,which may cause You more health problems :p
    I wazzzz here

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Holy control freak. If some guy I was dating told me I had to go to bed, even if he was right there, I'd tell him to take a walk. I left home years ago to get AWAY from my parents.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Start telling her what to eat and when to go to the gym. See how she likes it.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast